I just sent a letter by email. I hope this truly work because I need it. I have one with NCO-Medclr and NCO-Finance. Lawd, I don't know what it meant bit anyway. How long did it take for your stuff to disappear to the recently sent letters?

Less than a week, it was off of all three CRAs and the signed letter was in my hand.

Is that email address for Lisa still current, I have sent NCO's lawyer two certified Dv's and received nothing, and it wasn't reported as disputed on my credit report either.

So if sending an email will work I will try it, any sugesstions?

Thanks

Is that email address for Lisa still current, I have sent NCO's lawyer two certified Dv's and received nothing, and it wasn't reported as disputed on my credit report either.

So if sending an email will work I will try it, any sugesstions?

Thanks

I sent it to Mike at this address:

mike.barrist@ncogroup.com

It must have been forwarded to Lisa, as she is the one who sent me the letter advising me that they were removing it from all 3 CAs..Of course it was already removed before I got the letter.

Thanks a lot, I will try it and see what happens..

I have NCO reporting and verifing a debt that was in a BK from 04. Sent Lisa and Mike an e-mail informing them of there violations I all so e-mailed the PA AG. They have removed 1 TL to date AFTER a e-mail to AG.I dont deal with there B.S Anymore

it took a formal complaint to their AG to wake them up after a number of lies and outright fake information they kept sending me (including a fake payment plan.. LIKE That was going to happen)... once the AG stepped it its amazing how fast they went away

AMAZING sent lisa and mike an e-mail on 3-20-07 checked yesterday and pooof TL gone I dont think they like getting sued for being IDOT'S

8-)

I sent an email several days ago but have gotten no response yet. If I am correct, I want to make sure. If it has NCO in the front of it, they own it right. For example, I have NCO-Medclr and NCO-Fin/99 on my CR. Can someone tell me please?

I asked NCO to validate a CA thats on my CR 10 days ago via Certified mail. NCO is gone from transunion.. cant wait to see it go from the EQ and EX. Thanks all for sharing their experiences.

NCO Financial purchased a $1,200 MBNA debt and has a $3,000 TL at 2 of the big 3 CRA's. They have not tried to contact me in years, but this debt is from '00 with the original OC and NCO's last report on my CR was back in '03. I haven't disputed this at all with the CRA's, should I just send them a DV?

NCO Financial purchased a $1,200 MBNA debt and has a $3,000 TL at 2 of the big 3 CRA's. They have not tried to contact me in years, but this debt is from '00 with the original OC and NCO's last report on my CR was back in '03. I haven't disputed this at all with the CRA's, should I just send them a DV?

I think that i would seriously consider letting a sleeping dog lie.. I mean if it is set to come off this year.. I dont think I would bother with it.....just IMO

Alright, so I found this website a little late.

I settled a charged off account with NCO a couple weeks ago and have yet to receive any paperwork stating so. Can I still DV them, get my money back and the listing taken off my credit reports?

I want thank everyone for the advice with emailing Lisa Signore at NCO about accounts. She answered my email asking a few questions and of course I had to call her because a bill they sent as validation did not tell me nothing. She responded that she would contact the OC and get back with me. Well low and behold she sent me a letter stating that both accounts will be deleted off my CR. Thank God... That is 2 down and 12 more to go. I sure have a long way to go...

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you once again. I emailed Lisa Signore and about a week later I received a letter from her stating that they were contacting my creditors with a request for validation. She sent the letter March 14, 2007, I have not heard back from her but a week later..

NCO/33 and NCO/99 were deleted from all 3 reports:D

Just wanted to let other newbies know that it does still work.xdancex

FAKO: 2/27 TU:514, EXP:518, EQ: 619

FAKO: 4/6 TU:542 EXP:546 EQ: 621

FICO: 2/27 EQ:482

FICO: 4/7 EQ:521

Goal: 700 by August 2007

Wooho.. Got rid off NCO from the three CR's. Just been lazy to post this info. After reading the success posts from the guys, I decided to post my success too. I have already posted above that its off my TU. Now its gone from EQ and EX also. Though score jumped since then, but it took a ding when I had credit alerts from OC's about the delinquincies of a few accounts. But I am happy that I got rid of the NCO. xdancex xdancex

I have been lazy as well in reposting, but I sent off an email like I had read in previous posts and I never really went back and checked, but I got a new report and they are gone!!! I had 2 accounts and they are gone off of all 3 CRA's!! I never received any mail from them or anything, just poof and they were gone!!! Thanks!

I sent the DV email on Tuesday to NCO.

Today on Friday I received a letter in the mail to inform me that NCO is in the process of contacting the OC and that they have updated the CRA entry to "disputed".

I'll post when I know.

I'd like to send a different letter.

Just write a letter or email (both preferred) that says you dispute this debt and want validation that proves the debt is yours. It doesn't have to be anything fancy.

So are all success stories of people whose accounts were SOL?

I have never sent a dv letter to NCO or MBNA, the original creditor asking me to validate the debt. I received a summons from NCO and my answer is due in a few days. I know that I owe MBNA this debt but b/c collection people, I don't know if it was NCO had been so nasty in the past, I had stopped taking their calls.

If I ask for a dv on this debt that I owe and have already been served a summons on, will it give me some breathing space w/ NCO. I want to pay the debt but at 9k, it's not possible right now. I really would like to avoid a judgement also.

Should I email a dv to one of the two people whose email is listed on this thread and see if something can be worked out? I can't make big payments right now. They had offered to accept something like four installment of 2k each, but this is still too much for me.

Thank you for any advice.

This process most definitely works! My first attempt to validate received no response so I e-mailed Mike Barrist and Lisa Signore with my 2nd request letter.

Additionally, I sent a CMRRR for my 2nd attempt and Lisa sent back a formal written repsonse stating the records would be deleted from all the CRAs they do business with.

I also did the same thing for another CA, Arrow Financial Services.

Their response letter also noted they would remove the listings, however, they also noted that a request for validation is only legally binding within the first 30 days of their orignal attempt to collect a debt from a consumer which they noted in my case was back in October 2002.

Likely this means the Statute of Limitations (SOL) had run out and that's why they acted.

Either way, it totally worked!

Thanks to all who started this thread, and thanks to CIC for putting all this great information out there for us to find FREE OF CHARGE!

I disputed both of my charge offs from NCO via the CRA (experian). One came back validated, the other deleted...both were paid off on the same day. Any reason/help/answers would be great!! (You can pm me).

I disputed both of my charge offs from NCO via the CRA (experian). One came back validated, the other deleted...both were paid off on the same day. Any reason/help/answers would be great!! (You can pm me).

Send a DV letter to NCO and copy the chain of commnad there. (all names listed in this thread)

In some of the model letters it says this:

This is NOT a request for "verification" or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section.

That does the verification of proof of mailing address mean? I'm about to send my letter to Lisa and NCO doesn't have my current accurate address and I don't want them to be able to give me the runaround on that when I give them my current address.

Also, are you guys saying you've DV'd to Lisa and Mike via email without sending mail letters?