others in the thread have it as @ncogroup.com (no s)... are you sure it's got an s?

I actually had 7 NCO accounts removed from my credit report just by disputing it with the CRA's. I also did the DV letter and it was never repsonded too, so if necessary i have a paper trail showing they never complied. !!

Over $8000 and 15 accounts removed since March 2007.

I actually had 7 NCO accounts removed from my CR just by disputing with the CRA's! No complaints here. I also DV'd NCO but they never responded at all, so as far as a paper trail goes, I am home free!

Over $8000 and 15 accounts removed since March 2007!!

Sucks that 90% of my delinquent accounts still show on the OC's TL.

NCO said they couldn't do anything for me.

I can't tell whether that's a good thing, or a bad thing.

Goodness. Why didn't I find this site sooner? I feel like a complete and total heel. OK. To make a long story short. about a month ago i pulled my credit report and found an entry from NCO in regards to a NYIT student loan. My student loan was from 1993-1995 somewhere in there. Before I spoke to NCO i called NYIT to see if i could make arrangements through them. NYIT informed me that the loan went to allied and i'd have to deal with them. So i called allied and they told me that the loan is with NCO and i'd have to deal with them. So i end up calling NCO and made an arrangement to pay off this bill. The bill is for a lil over 6k.

I live in NY so the SOL was up i'm gathering. There's no way for me to go back and DV them now is there since i'm now paying for this bill through NCO. Am I just plum out of luck? What are my options if any?

well Hellina, have you paid the bill yet? If not, then i would honestly tell them to take to the hills. if the SOL is up then there's no way for them to collect. You could always dispute with the CRA's and maybe you get lucky and they can't validate it with them. Otherwise, there is an e-mail addy in this thread somewhere for a contact at NCO that you can harrass and tell him that it's not your debt and that you ITS if they don't take care of it. Again, maybe you will get lucky and won't have to worry about it.

well Hellina, have you paid the bill yet? If not, then i would honestly tell them to take to the hills. if the SOL is up then there's no way for them to collect. You could always dispute with the CRA's and maybe you get lucky and they can't validate it with them. Otherwise, there is an e-mail addy in this thread somewhere for a contact at NCO that you can harrass and tell him that it's not your debt and that you ITS if they don't take care of it. Again, maybe you will get lucky and won't have to worry about it.

Thank you derekpritchard. No I didn't pay the bill, but I set up an arrangement and they are collecting now. What about if i already started paying on it (to get them off my back)? I made one payment already (soon to be two). And to make matters worse it's being automatically taken out of my bank account each month. Please don't ream into me. I didn't know at the time not to do that. Can i still dispute it with the CRA? Can I also DV with NCO after the fact?:cry:

it's ok Hellina, unfortunately though, since you did make a payment the SOL is renewed, so you cna't back out if it now or it the delinquency dates would be started all over again. at this point, you don't have too muc of an option, but i bet that this is something you will learn from. sorry you weren't able to find this site earlier!

it's ok Hellina, unfortunately though, since you did make a payment the SOL is renewed, so you cna't back out if it now or it the delinquency dates would be started all over again. at this point, you don't have too muc of an option, but i bet that this is something you will learn from. sorry you weren't able to find this site earlier!

Crap. Thanks Derekpritchard. Yes this is indeed a lesson learned.:|

I have also dv NCP by email and they sent me a letter by mail stating they would forward info to me. Instead I recieved a letter from the original CA showing my payments. So I emailed the president again letting him know he had 7 days to respond or I will sue never mentioning the letter I recieved from anyone. I actually paid the debt some years ago and let NCO know that altho I pd I wasnt acknowledging the debt as mine. I recieved a letter from NCO verifying who knows what. But guess what, letter ended with they contacted the CRA to delete. I was so anxious I faxed the letter to TU.

Word of warning: this does not work for everyone.

I sent an email to the email addresses provided earlier in this thread and received a "Validation of Debt" paper that reads:

----

The account of (my name) acquired from Household is now owned by LVNV Funding LLC

At the time the account was acquired from Household, Househould advised that the balance owing was $2,269.67. Since that time, additional interest, fees, payments, credits and offsets, if applicable, have been allowed, for a current balance of $2,364.08.

----

So....basically, nothing has changed for me. I requested validation of the debt and they send me this.

What is my next step? Repeat my demand? They are not actively trying to collect, it's just destroying my credit. I want it removed but I don't want to threaten a lawsuit and get countersued.

sending an email those listed in this thread worked for me. I received a letter this week advising they would contact the CRA and have the accounts removed. I checked and all have been removed except from Experian. I'm assuming if I send the letter sent to me by NCO they would go ahead and remove it.

this is the email i sent to mike & lisa today - please post comments - hope it works:

This email is being sent to your company in regards to collection appearing on all 3 of my credit reports. A letter was previously sent to your office on 4/30/2007 and to date I have not received any response. In accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Section 809(B) this debt is being disputed and this is my 2nd request for validation.

I have no known knowledge of this account, nor have I ever received anything from your company notifying me of this debt. I do believe that a collection company/agency, by law, must notify the consumer in writing or by phone about any account that has been place with them. To date no one has notify me about this debt and still this account has been place on all 3 of my credit reports….

There is several issues have with this account, IF proof is provided that I am responsible for this.

First issue - reporting this account as “open”. From my understanding of "Open" accounts it means that the account is active and credit is still being extended. What credit on a medical collection? Correct me if I am wrong, when an account is sent to collection or is purchase by a collection company, the account is closed/charged off with the original creditors therefore an account can not be magically open nor does it become a second or different account with different facts. Collection company’s are suppose to report accounts as they brought it.

Second issue - last activity was 7/2004 but date of delinquency 4/2007? (Equifax shows the date of first delinquency as 4/2007) Please explain to me how an account just becomes delinquent 3 yrs after the last activity on a medical collection at that? Medical collection would normally charged off as uncollectible between 30-90 days. As you are aware re-aging is a FCRA violation.

I have disputed this debt before; therefore, until its validated you know your information concerning this debt is inaccurate and reporting information that is inaccurate or failing to report information correctly violates the Fair Credit Reporting Act § 1681s-2.

Should you pursue a judgment without validating this debt, I will inform the judge and request the case be dismissed based on your failure to comply with the FDCPA.

Please be advised that I am fully aware of my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I will not hesitate to report any violations of the law to my State Attorney General, the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau if this account is not validate as requested or removed within the next 14 days.

Ok, I sent my request for DV by email and also CMRRR. I received a snail mail response today from Lisa Signore and it simply includes three electronic copies of statements from this account. They did not do anything to respond to the DV requests of proof that they can collect, proof that the account belongs to me, proof of the amounts, original agreement and sig, etc.

So far NCO is NOT reporting to my CR but Cap One is, so what do I do now? Her letter says "send payment" like it's matter of fact.

Ok so here's an update. I took it upon myself to DV NCO anyway just to see what would happen. I sent Lisa an email on may 8th. She sent me a letter on may 11th via snail mail saying that they are investigating with the OC. "Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the above-referenced account. Please be advised that we have contacted the creditor with a request for validation of the above-referenced account"...

Since i'm on a payment plan, they haven't collected for the month of may which leads me to believe that they ceased collections for the time being at least. Also transunion & equifax deleted the NCO entry, but it still remains on Experian as disputed. My question is... how long do i have to wait for the "investigation" before I can send a follow up letter?

I received a response from Lisa @ NCO by email asking for my address so that she may send a response to me in writing (these people don't even have my address so i know they never send me anything in writing regarding this account) Anyhow, checked report and NCO/MEDCLEAR IS GONE!!!! Another victory for me :--->

Just to add a quickie, I disputed NCO with TU and they deleted. It took about 2 weeks of waiting. I barely read this thread last yesterday and sent Lisa Signore an email, so it probably would have came off that way too. It was out of sol that helped I'm sure. Now on to West Asset.......

I got sued by NCO after sending a DV last year in June. I went to court met with tha atty for NCO who told me if I made pyment arrangements with him there in the court house he could get me agreat setlement. The account was not mine so I told him no. We went before the judge and he asked if we had come to an agreement or if I wanted a trial date. I asked for a trial date. The day before the trial date the atty file a motion to dismiss without prejudice and I never showed up to court again. I have managed to get then off my CRA's as well. I was pretty scarred, I have to admit....:wink:

Hi, My name is sln I saw your message and was wondering what is Fako's

EXP--EQ---TU

549--511--533--1/05

586--570--550--4/05

590--594--573--5/05

is that something that I need to add to the end of my letter. Because I notice that everyone has that in there message

Hi, My name is sln I saw your message and was wondering what is Fako's

EXP--EQ---TU

549--511--533--1/05

586--570--550--4/05

590--594--573--5/05

is that something that I need to add to the end of my letter. Because I notice that everyone has that in there message

FAKOs are "fake" FICO-like scores that are calculated by other companies. If you get your credit scores from places like MyCreditKeeper or TrueCredit, they are calculated using their own formulas, because the FICO formulas are proprietary. Only scores from FICO are real FICOs. FAKOs are good for monitor trends, but when you want to know your real score, get a FICO for each bureau.

I had success with NCO as well. I pulled my report April 30, 2007 and noticed an entry from NCO that was opened in Oct. 2006. I had never received any communications from them at all. No phone calls, letters, nothing. I dv'd them on May 1, 2007. Didn't hear back, so I sent them a follow up letter on June 16, 2007 with a copy of the original letter & RR. 10 days letter I got a deletion letter from them.:mrgreen:

I wrote NCO, and received a letter from NCO, stating they could not provide validation of a debt they were trying to collect, and that all entries on my credit report would be deleted.

Well I contacted Transunion twice and disputed, and it came back verified each time, I talked to Transunion and asked for ther MOV and they said they couldn't provide me with that information..

At this point should I contact a lawyer, because both NCO and Transunion seem to have their heads up their rear ends, and have no worries about violations.

Thanks