So, "tryin*hard", thanx for the info and im learning a lot. Tell me this: when you mail the DV letter to the CA (credit agency), do you also send the same DV letter to the CRA? If you only send the DV letter to the CA, how would the CRA know you are validating everything with the CA?

n.

thanx so much.:cool:

guys, so I learned a lot about this DV letter. And, for sure, I am in the process of doing it, for a couple CA's. What happens if the CA would/dont reply to any of my letters? Or, is there any time frame that the CA must reply to me? Thanx:) :)

Just sent email to lisa had 5 NCO accounts on CR...sent DV letter via email...waiting to see what happens...will keep you all informed...

IQ180:D

Lisa1,

Do you have a sample of the letter that you sent?

I got the deleted....NCO is gone!!! Asset Acceptance is gone!!!

I disputed with CRA as not mine 1st

I disputed with CRA as providing inaccurate, erroneous info and file FTC complaint on each CA and CRA 5/16

I DV both.....

Just got notification online 6/14/05 both deleted...

My letters were not form letter though, I stated my case and that the info reported harmed my creditability and consumer file is erroneous. I stated that Asset is know to report inaccurate/and illegal re-age consumer files. Please delete.

I received an email response from Lisa S. today from NCO and she said she needed my mailing address. I sent them the account numbers thinking that they should be able to cross reference them. Or just tell her to cross reference the account numbers? and state to her I will go to the attorney general? Please help...Thanks, remember this all done through email.

Well, I must thankfully say that NCO is now a thing of the past for me, except for the double INQ that they stuck on me right before they deleted 3 accounts.

I tried to get TU to remove them today via phone, but they just kept saying to ask NCO to request that TU remove the INQs. I tried to explain that NCO and I were not bosom buddies and they were under no obligation to assist me in a cordial manner. Somehow, my words were lost on the transplanted middle easterner who was pretending to be the supervisor... Right.

In any case, I dug out Mike's email address today and cc'd Lisa on my request that they notify TU that the INQs should be removed, since the associated accts were ultimately deleted. I'll wait a few weeks and see how that goes.

Well, I must thankfully say that NCO is now a thing of the past for me, except for the double INQ that they stuck on me right before they deleted 3 accounts.

I tried to get TU to remove them today via phone, but they just kept saying to ask NCO to request that TU remove the INQs. I tried to explain that NCO and I were not bosom buddies and they were under no obligation to assist me in a cordial manner. Somehow, my words were lost on the transplanted middle easterner who was pretending to be the supervisor... Right.

In any case, I dug out Mike's email address today and cc'd Lisa on my request that they notify TU that the INQs should be removed, since the associated accts were ultimately deleted. I'll wait a few weeks and see how that goes.

Hi Pointman,

when you sent your email to Mike/Lisa did you also proviide your home address information? See Post (IQ180) above you. Thanks

Hi Everyone!

Well it took a few weeks but it happened received the letter from Lisa Signore from NCO, Legal Compliance Dept. today...they deleted all 5 accounts. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Way to go IQ! I replied to your question via PM, but I just read your last post! They (nco) have a way of telling you they can't or won't do something, but then they do it after all is said and done. Good job!

I had my last letter from Lisa out this a.m. I read it over a few times. They had double INQ'd me in October and wouldn't delete at least one. TU was saying they wouldn't do it either. Their last derog acct and both INQs are now gone from TU! :)%

I just e-mailed my DV to Mike & Lisa at NCO. Fingers crossed as I'll hopefully have this cleared up!

Thanks to everyone for this info!

I agree with the last poster also; we need to have a central thread with all CEO information for the CA so we can go at who can get quick action!

:D

Billy

I have three accounts with NCO for the past year. I just sent the Dvs and waiting for my green cards back from USPS. After finding this site I decided to pull my credit and found out they have pulled my credit 8 times in the last 12 months. They do not show up on my CR so I would guess they only have the accounts assigned to them and did not purchase them. My main question is, are they allowed to pull my credit? I believe all 8 of them are hard pulls.

Thanks

i have some collections from NCO Financial/22 are these the same people you are talking about.

NCO Fin/22 are an assignee of sprint

i have some collections from NCO Financial/22 are these the same people you are talking about.

NCO Fin/22 are an assignee of sprint

Short answer....yes....they have many divisions: Medical, Telecom....etc

From reading this long thread, it sounds like NCO is not removing paid debts from CR's as easily as they were in the beginning of this thread.

I have a legit unpaid balance that NCO is reporting for a medical bill.

I want to get it removed and people suggested I contact the OC to pay the bill, then dispute with the CRA's and there would be no valid reason for NCO to report, as I have no contract with them.

But, today I contacted OC who refused to accept payment. OC says they have ASSIGNED the debt to NCO, and I need to deal with NCO. This is from a phone conversation. I asked if they SOLD it to NCO and they said NO.

I don't dispute the bill is mine. I just want to pay it and get it off my CR's ASAP.

What is my best option now?

Write a letter to OC making them tell me in writing they won't accept payment?

Send payment anyway to OC?

DV NCO? It is a valid debt - so I think they will be able to provide the needed info to validate it.

Would I have any success in sending a PFD to NCO now?

:roll:

I just want to get rid of it as fast as possible...any ideas?

I sent mike the dv by email about four days ago and aint heard anything yet. Guess I will give him a few more days.

I sent a DV letter to NCO CMRRR on February 18 , which was promptly ignored . On March 18th I E-mailed a DV letter to lisa at NCO . On March 21 I received a letter from NCO deleting the account from my CR , it was dated March 18th . Thanks for the help . xdancex

Smokehound:

Do you think they could have validated your account? In otherwords, was it a potentially valid debt?

Mine is a valid debt that the OC will not let me pay directly to them - and said I need to deal with NCO. I do think they could validate mine.

I just want to pay it and get it off my record at the same time.

I tried the email thing to mike barrist ad have not heard a thing. Guess it aint as easy as it used to be

I tried the email thing to mike barrist ad have not heard a thing. Guess it aint as easy as it used to be

I think I had some luck with Mike Barrist after all. My TL was listed on EX & EQ and its gone from EX. Let's hope its due to fall off of EQ in the next couple of days!!

Smokehound:

Do you think they could have validated your account? In otherwords, was it a potentially valid debt?

Mine is a valid debt that the OC will not let me pay directly to them - and said I need to deal with NCO. I do think they could validate mine.

I just want to pay it and get it off my record at the same time.

It was not my debt . They could not validate it but it still took a letter 30 days later the email . YMMV