Contempt Motion against Experian - w/Sanctions?

Hello,

I have been preparing a lawsuit against Experian, and I'm wondering if I can recover full damages if I do it as part of a contempt order with Sanctions.

I have a court order directing them to remove and update several items on my credit report, and after 8 requests, they still continue to refuse to do so.

As part of the Motion for Contempt, can I add the credit law violations as part of the sanctions, or would that have to be part of another lawsuit?

Thanks for the help!

Sanctions are fines imposed by the court and paid to the court. They are not part of any damages they would have to pay to you. Include EVERYTHING in any suit you file. As an aside you can motion for sanctions in your previous case. I seem to remember that the previous case was not againest them, but the court order directed them to remove the listing. Since they are the subject of the order and they did not comply you can do a simple motion to impose sanctions, then file a seperate suit for damages.

As far as I know you can submit a post judgement motion for sanctions based on non-compliance to the court that made the order. You will need to check the court rules. You may even be able to include a damage award againest them rather than file a seperate suit, really not sure there.

There just has to be something going on in the State of Michigan right now, sun spot, Lunar eclipse or something like that. :lol: The number of threads concerning actions in that state has been high for the last week.

The Rules can be found at:

http://courtofappeals.mijud.net/rules/public/default.asp

Unfortunantely they are laid out in a user hostile manner, listing only the rule numbers and not subject or title in the table of contents.