Expediting PFD on medical collection

CreditDiva

I had a question on one remaining derog. that just verifed with two CRA, CA - Medical collection DOLA 01/2001, bal amount $77. CA has a history of not agreeing to PFD, and a Paid Collection will do more harm than good right now. Since this is a medical collection, I am not totally sure the SOL is expired, open acct. in my state is 3 yrs, but understand that this could be contrusted as a written or oral contract and then the SOL is 6yrs.

I figured my best bet, is to contact the OC -Dr directly, get a written agreement to remove it, and re-call from the CA. If I go this route, rather than doing the 30 day,and then 15 day DV, am I already acknowledging the debt as mine? Or is my best bet, going through the DV process, I am really not interested in sueing them, just want it off CRA

The CA already has a list of BBB complaints for not responding to disputes..

Send this to the OC and see what happens.

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to my attention that there is an outstanding balance of $xxx.xx owed you for services provided on xx-xx-xxxx. It was my belief that my insurance provider covered this charge. Given the confusing nature of medical billing, oversights and miscalculations are inherent. For those of us who are not accustomed to such procedures on a daily basis, I am sure you can appreciate the incomprehension that is often involved in these matters.

I will be requesting a description of coverage from my insurance provider in this matter, and would appreciate any information you show to be forwarded to me. Should it be discovered that this is not a covered service, I request that you forward to me an agreement that any outsourced collection activity will be recalled, and any negative information reported to the major credit repositories be deleted, including any inquiries made by third party collectors. I will immediately forward to you payment in full in the timeframe you request.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. I appreciate your timely response.

You are not acknowledging the debt. You are asking the facility/doctor to forward information they have so you may compare it to information you have. In the event you find the balance is owed, you're asking them to enter into a PFD agreement.

For $77, I can't see the doctor being a hardass about this. That's not saying he can be - I've had 100% success with that letter in the right hands.

Also, for such a small amount, and given the hassle you may get from the CA (with their track record), I think getting this letter directly to the doctor is the easiest route to getting this resolved quickly.

You may get a response back from the "office manager" (ie: receptionist) claiming they cannot remove the information. This is not true. The OC is in control of the collection hired out to third party CA's. They can recall it.

Keep us posted. Good luck!

You are not acknowledging the debt. You are asking the facility/doctor to forward information they have so you may compare it to information you have. In the event you find the balance is owed, you're asking them to enter into a PFD agreement.

For $77, I can't see the doctor being a hardass about this. That's not saying he can be - I've had 100% success with that letter in the right hands.

Also, for such a small amount, and given the hassle you may get from the CA (with their track record), I think getting this letter directly to the doctor is the easiest route to getting this resolved quickly.

You may get a response back from the "office manager" (ie: receptionist) claiming they cannot remove the information. This is not true. The OC is in control of the collection hired out to third party CA's. They can recall it.

Keep us posted. Good luck!

ok..DocDon - I tried your letter.. and got a letter back from the Doc Office Manager just referring me back to the CA for payment, with a statement listing a bunch of credits and debits I would need a BA in accounting to understand, DOLA from me is 11/16/2001..There I really feel this is an expired SOL, but really not where medical contracts fall....in my state VA 3 years for open-ended/CC - 6 yrs for other....since the CA has a habit of not agree paying for delete..I do want this off quickly, but already have CA on one violation..(and the statement the Doc office manager showed all the medical conditions I was being treated for), I might go aheas with DV them anyway, and see if they show additional violations, I am afraid of re-setting the SOL if I pay the full amount with getting a settle for delete from them - my CR is almost clean apart from this one..

Is this Doc in private practice? Maybe you can take a moment of his time to fill him in on what CA's do and that they are under no obligation to go through them regardless of what the CA claims.... just a thought.

DV and see what other violations they can conjure up.

You're correct. Do not pay without a written agreement, and keep track of the violations.

Is this Doc in private practice? Maybe you can take a moment of his time to fill him in on what CA's do and that they are under no obligation to go through them regardless of what the CA claims.... just a thought.

DV and see what other violations they can conjure up.

You're correct. Do not pay without a written agreement, and keep track of the violations.

Hmm..not even sure this guy is a real doctor..list D.C after his name..not M.D-- a Chiropractor? They do not sound interested in recovering the $, I will start the DV process...

KentWA,

I'm really confused with the HIPPA law. Can you explain it in layman's terms?

I read the link you provided and the last time I stated a law I found on this website in my DV letter to a CA, they came back with the Chaundry and I wasn't sure how to respond after that.

Has anyone else used this HIPPA letter?

I have tried to contact the OC to pay this $200 debt from 2000 and they won't budge. They keep referring me back to the CA.

Hmm..not even sure this guy is a real doctor..list D.C after his name..not M.D-- a Chiropractor? They do not sound interested in recovering the $, I will start the DV process...

A DC is an alloquack.... er sorry.... a Doctor of Chiropractic...

From my understanding the HIPPA law is for Paid Collections and mine is unpaid and currently reporting on all 3 of my CRs.

So what do I do?

I can pay the 200 bucks, I just want it off!

Mine is a measly $77 bucks, that insurance didn't cover...I DV'd the CA,and requested the CRA to do a MOV, and re-investigation as I do not expect to get any validation from them, at least I will have one more violation to document. So far, I have had 3 CA disappear from my CR doing that.

I also tried the letter DocDon posted. I sent it over 3 weeks ago and have heard NOTHING. Should I keep waiting, call them, or send them another letter? I'm thinking maybe I should call them and see if they got the letter, then go from there.

I'd really like to get these removed before we have to close on our loan. :roll: