Verizon Wireless sends letter....cuts off talks...

Apparently all of my corporate emails have done no good. I received a letter from Verizon Wireless today stating the following:

4-5-2005

Dear xxxx,

This letter is confirmation of your recent correspondence to Mr. Dennis Strigl, President and CEO of Verizon Wireless, and our telephone conversation today(we never had a telephone conversation on 4-5).

Per your request, I have mailed a copy of the original signed contract to your attention.

As discussed, the above referenced account was closed with an outstanding balance of$1609.39. These charges are fully valid and you have been advised that the derogatory notations on your credit account will not be deleted. Should you elect to pay that balance in it's entirety, Verizon Wireless will close this matter with the collection agency, and forward documentation to update your credit report to reflect a Paid in Full status.

Alternately, Verizon Wireless will accept 80% of the outstanding balance, or $1287.51. Upon receipt of that payment to my attention at the address above, Verizon Wireless will close this matter with the collection agency and forward documentation to update your credit report to reflect a Paid in Full status.

Please be advised, this is our final business decision regarding this matter. Verizon Wireless will not respond to any future correspondence regarding this matter. If you have any other concerns, Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800)922-0204.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay, they mentioned nothing about the fact they have failed for 3 months to list my account as "in dispute by consumer".

Any suggestions from the experts??

Thanks in advance people.

FCS-

"Executive Correspondent" is a fancy phrase for secretary.

The letter should not have been signed by her in the first place. At the very least it should have the name of the director of Customer Satisfaction with an indication she typed it and signed it.

As a secretary, she is not the authoritative voice in a company the size of Verizon. In fact, she may very well have over-stepped her authority here.

Write (do not email) Mr. Dennis Strigl directly, address the letter as "Personal and Confidential" and express your extreme displeasure in receiving such a response from an unauthorized individual who took it upon herself to represent Verizon Wireless, it's Officers, Board Members, and Shareholders. Continue that a person in her position is not privy to any corporate decision, or decisions that require review by in-house counsel and may open them up to possible litigation.

Something to that effect....

Thx Doc- (and everyone else),

I will certainly heed your advice and send a letter to Strigl. I was going to dispute again with the CRA's, noting that Verizon hasn't noted that the account in question is in dispute by me.

Would they ever delete because of this, if I were to provide evidence that I disputed it?

Would the letter from Verizon also serve to show that I am disputing this?

Finally, let's say I do succeed in having the CRA's delete the listing, is there anything to prevent them from adding the info and reinserting it?

Thx again-

FCS

I know Kent- I just wanted to have Verizon delete it without going to court. I am only 3 months into this credit repair and I am not sure, in fact I know I am not prepared to go to court. That is unless I get a lawyer.

2 letters. 3 reports to 2 agencies. They are reporting in dispute to TU. Doesn't the fact that they are reporting in dispute to TU show that they should be reporting it that way to EX and EQ?

Okay, they mentioned nothing about the fact they have failed for 3 months to list my account as "in dispute by consumer".

Any suggestions from the experts??

Thanks in advance people.

FCS-

Does Verizon have its own internal collections department? Also with regards to the service you agreed to and signed on for; just some thoughts:

Was the service satisfactory? Such as were you able to use the service adequately in the area you live in? was the reception good?

Did the rep you initially dealt with mislead you in any way? Make the service and plan you agreed to sound better than it actually turned out to be?

Did you lose any personal wages or business as a direct result of problems with their service?

I'd also be searching like a fiend for other lawsuits against Verizon. Sounds like they are treating you like they are in complete command of things, you do have an issue for the fact that they illegally reported the account while it was in dispute, A letter from an attorney may get their attention, this person who is handling it has someone above them you could escalate things with, of course start filing your complaints to the FTC, BBB, your state consumer affairs, attorney general, and if its true you can base your complaint(s) on the fact that you were over charged, for poor services and in the interest of good faith attempted to resolve the issue and pay it for the sake of your good credit rating, what they offer in return is not acceptable. I bet the right person could get em'. You just have to ask yourself if its you, as you mention you don't feel like going to court, your good credit may be a good reason for stepping out side of the comfort zone.

Just my thoughts.

Verizon has their own internal collections department, but it is actually a seperate corp entity. In my case they caved when I threatened suit and pulled the TL and stopped trying to contact me. Down side was they sold it off to a CA a few months later. Up side of that is I now have 3 CAs on multiple violations and they are going to pay, I am not letting any one of them off the hook with simple delete.

My specific case was that I had never done a single bit of business with Verizon, nor any of the companies they have purchased in the last 10 years.

Sultan-

Thx for all your input. It's greatly appreciated. I am going to explore ALL of the options you and everyone else here has mentioned. I HAVE to get these guys off my reports.

Verizon does have their own collection department. I did have an inordinate amount of dropped calls with their service and I used the service primarily for business. However, I still have contested that this isn't my account, although I would never claim fraud. I am hoping that if I just wont go away, they will offer me a pay for delete down the road. Or, I am hoping I can get the CRA's to delete if I can find a technicality.

Getting back to the litigation subject, I mentioned I am NOT knowledgeable enough yet to go to court myself. I AM considering hiring an attorney though. What do you people think about my prospects of finding a quality credit attorney?

If I thought I had a chance in hell doing it myself the first time around, I'd surely do it.

Thx!

Once you have made the decision to get an attorney involved, then think about turning the heat up on them before actually hiring him is what I was saying. You do not need an attorney to threaten to sue them. But as always if you are going to threaten, be ready to follow through. They may very well cave in if you strongly threaten to file suit.

A well written ITS speaks almost as loudly as a summons.