Experian and TU Letters !! Are'nt they in violation here ?

tmac01

I received a letter from Experian (Please remember this is my 2nd letter to them) stating that the items that I asked them to verify already had been investigated (when I sent my first letter.) Okay, now they told me that everything is done through an automated system and that they had contacted the original creditor and they verified it therefore I need to contact them or they would add that stupid statement to my report blah..blah...blah... Then like I stated on another post I also received the famous TU Frivolous letter.They have never sent me any proof or in other words shown me anything physicaly that would prove verification. They have received my 2nd letters and respond with "we already investigated so leave us alone,'' and " this letter is FRIVOLOUS." What is my next move ? are they not in several violations here ? I thank everyone for their help in the past and I look forward to learning how to make my next move if someone will help me or lead me in the right direction. Everyone has been so helpful here, Thank You so Much. At this point I feel a little stuck, I hope someone can HELP !!!!!!!! :)

Hi Niner,

No these are DV's they are dispute letters to the CRA's. They are just derogs showing up on my CR. I have only two that the CA's have. This is my second letter to the CRA's and TU sent me the frivolous letter and now Experian has answered my 2nd dispute letter by stating that they verified my derogs through each creditor and they were updated and they were mine so basically just call them and leave us alone. What I meant by they never verified anything was that they just told me " Yeah all these derogs are yours we verified it. Heres the creditors phone # so you can call them." I thought I was supposed to get some proof from them on how they verified and and some actual physical proof, am I right on that ? Thanks for your response and any help is greatly appreciated because I'm stuck...Best Regards....

I think that you have to write to the CBRs asking them to show you HOW they verified the derogs.

Hope some one can show up here and tell you exactly what you should be asking for. I have seen the steps some where on this board within these last two weeks.

Good luck!

I made a post about it some months back (even scanned a copy of the CDV they sent to CA's and OC's). It's over in the lawyer section.

For the record, however...CRA's are in violation every time they verify a trade line. Every. Time. Without exception. Doesn't matter if it's accurate or not. As a matter of procedure, they don't follow legal protocol

Ok, another question. Did you send DV letters to the CRAs? Or did you try disputing a tradeline with them as not mine?

I don't believe the CRAs will give you the physcial proof your looking for. DV letters are for CAs, and by you saying you didn't receive physical proof is why I believe your confusing the two. You send DV letters to CAs, and dispute tradelines with the CRAs.

I believe you send a procedural letter to the CRAs they are supposed to tell you how they verified the information.

No, don't send a 3rd letter.

The CRAs don't have to give you any proof. You can request a MOV

(method of verification) that simply tells you how the CA verified it..

The only party required to give you proof are the actual collection

agency. That's probably why the CRA's got pissed at you. You were requesting

information from them that not only are they not required to give you, but

almost definately do not have.