Chargeoff account, pls give me your advice!

jaye191

My bank ran my credit report and showed two chargeoff accounts for a medical bill. Each account for the exact same amount. I have twin daughters, but only one received services at the hospital. This company shows that both my daughters recieved services and they had both my daughters names, but i think they just took it off the insurance information. The clerk showed both received services on the same date and the same time. I know me and my wife did not have them being treated at the same time. She offered to fax me a copy of the services rendered. Each account is totalled at over $1300 dollars. Would they have to remove the from my report seeing only one daughter was actually treated not two....pls help

i am in no way shape or form an expert on this, but i would assume that if you contact the billing department in the hospital and request services rendered they should be able to provide you with some proof that only one daughter was treated. there has to some kind of proof, through your insurance or the hospital that shows that. once you get that proof, i would send it the the ca and demand that they remove one of those charge offs. also, dispute it with the cras.

but like i said, i am no expert. so i would also wait for one of the experts to give you some more information if i am wrong.

good luck!!

I know what you are saying but there is no way to have both accounts removed seeing that its not being reported properly. So, you think i should just have them to fax or mail me a copy of the services rendered. I know for a fact that only one of my daughters was rendered services. Also, wouldn't they have to provide my signature showing that both received treatment.

i am sorry if i confused you by what i wrote. i meant to say there should be a way for you to get proof that only one of your daughters was treated and you should be able to have one of those debts removed from your cr. like you said only one daughter was treated. not sure if you can dv a medical debt. wait for one of the experts to enlighten you more on this subject. there has got to be something you can due. and the burden of proof should be on them not you.

I have twins too and do medical billing. It is not an "accident" if two DIFFERENT patients were billed. In other words if one daughter was billed twice.. perhaps but if both daughters were billed and only one was actually a patient, that is fraud.

Contact the billing department and your insurance and get to the bottom of what actually happened.

There is a another tactic to think about when it comes to medical collections. It means never contacting the CA and dealing with the OC on the original debt. BAsicly you are leveraging the medical communities fear of HIPAA enforcement to get collections removed. This has worked for me on one account I had where a co-pay had been over looked. A large hospital or medical group may be less likely to bunge on the issue, but you never know.

http://community-2.webtv.net/YCHANGE/STORAGE/page14.html