credit report

carol

I got my husband's report from freecredit report.com Fleet credit card is listed but does not have the name of the collection agency. Can I go on line and ask experian who is the collection agency? Does give an account number. The credit report just gives the credit card and not the collection agency.

I was new and fleet was the first dv letter I had sent and did not get the green card. I mailed the dv letter in their envelope so I do not have the address for the collection agency. Did talk with them many times as well. Messed up.

Last payment was made aug. 03. date open 1996. Does the statute of limitations go by the last payment made?

Chase credit is listed but I have the address and I have learned and have the green card. This does not have the collection agency as well, but I did save the address. Still learning and scared. thanks, carol

Carol: Take a deep breath...no reason to be scared. You have a lot of options yet...and nobodys going to put in jail or anything like that. Just keep reading and learning how to deal with these people...

In general, the SOL depends on the state, but usually starts with the date on which the account first went delinquent...usually 30 days or so after the last payment.

In both cases...Fleet and Chase...if there's a collection agency involved, you would have gotten something in the mail. Always keep everything they send you, and use those addresses to send your DV letters. If you haven't yet received anything from a CA, then its still the OC that's trying to collect. You can't DV them, but they also don't keep calling for very long...couple of months or so.

Yes, I have sent fleet the dv lettters but I don't have the green card. Chase I learned and have the green card. I don't have an address for the collection agency for fleet that is listed on my husband;s credit report , just an account number. I Used Fleet's mailing envelope.

Should I still write to the credit bureau and tell them that fleet is not mine? Maybe I should call and ask what collection agency put me in for fleet, then I could write the dv letters all over again. Would they tell me? Thanks so much. I wish I had the guts like you all do. My husband does not know that he is in the credit bureau and is 61 with a bad heart. I feel guilty and trying to fix this.

Is it too late to write dv letters to collection agencies when you are in the credit bureau? thanks so much.....Carol

You need to read and read and read some more until your eyes turn blurry. The answers to most of your questions are already posted in other threads...

But...to get you started...

1. DV letters to the original creditors (OC) usually don't help. OCs are not bound by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) so they don't have to respond. If its the OCs that are calling you at this point, do not let them intimidate you or get you upset. Just keep saying, "I'm sorry. I can't pay you now. Things may change in a few months. I'll let you know". Don't say anything else. Don't agree to anything.

2. EVERYBODY is in the "credit bureau" (CRA). This is NOT a bad thing. All OCs and most collection agencies (CA) report to the CRAs. Some of what they report is good...some bad...the object of the game we play is to remove the bad and keep the good.

3. Yes, a "dispute" letter to ALL three major CRAs may help (of course do them CMRRR). Dispute the OC entries (called TradeLines or TLs) and any CA entries you might see.

4. If you are not yet receiving letters from CAs about these, wait until you do, and then send DV letters to them. If CAs are calling you, keep records of when they call and what they say. Start each conversation with "Okay, I'm recording this now. Please state your name and address and the account you're calling about." If they won't tell you, hang up. If they do tell you, write it down, then hang up. Send them a DV letter. You don't have to talk with them on the phone. If they call back, make a note, and hang up.

PS. I'm really sorry to hear about your husband's heart condition. I've been there and done that. Assuming his doctor agrees, look for a cardiac rehab program at one of the hospitals nearby. I had a heart attack back in 2000, and I'm still going.

Carol,

Just take a deep breath..I must have spent a few years with my head under a rock, not realizing that I could take action to fix a lot of stuff on my credit report..there are plenty of folks here that will help you. For the green cards that you got back, you should go back to the CRA and ask them to re-dispute, basically telling them since they have not validated with you, how can they have validated with the CRA..there is a sample letter with the debt validation flowchart...check the sticky in the debt validation forum..

You are all so kind and make my nerves better. I will read more. I have many green cards but messed up with fleet. I can't prove that I sent them the dv letter. I don't get any more bills or phone calls from the collection agency about fleet, which is nice. thanks again, Carol

Hello, Carol again. I do read much but my computer is so slow.

I clicked on Experian to dispute on line and it just wanted information about my husband. A personal credit report. I did not see any where that I could dispute. Just persoanl information and then submit. Would this cost money anyway? Was I on the wrong experian site?

I thought it would be better to do it on line because I don't have the green card from fleet that i had sent the dv letters. I messed up.

Experian does not have the address of the collection agency that reported fleet and I cannot remember what collection agency it was. Fleet was sent to another collection agency and I DO have that green card.

Experian just gave fleet and account numbers.

What is tradelines or tls anyway?

What are those numbers after eq,ex,tu?

I even looked at my old postings to see if I had the collection agency name and could not find any.

Can I email Experian and ask what collection agency put me in. Three did for fleet and have written dv letters to all three, but do not have the green card for the very first one.

They put my husband in and did not validate.

It said plus score is 644.

What do you think? Have all green cards, but for that one fleet collection agency. Have the green card when they gave it to another collection agency.

My husband is 61 and had GREAT credit his whole life until a few years ago. Maybe they will look at that.

I don't need a loan just want his credit good again. Most letters I have read were that they were denied for credit. What should I write if I do it on line?

Thanks again very much. Carol

• 3 weeks later...

I got my husband's credit report from freecreditreport and there is no account number on the report to dispute. When I do send the dispute letter, I will give his home address, but when they send the dispute information can I have the infromation sent to my daughter's address? Is this the address for experian? experian ncac, Po Box 9701 Allen,tx 75013 I do read but my computer is very slow. Which is the best letter to send to the credit bureau? I have all the green cards but for one, fleet. the credit report only gives an account number and not the collection agency, otherwise I could send them the dv letters and this time get the grren card. thanks, carol

If you're still trying to deal with the Fleet entry on your credit report (that's what's called a tradeline), then maybe you should call Experian rather than writing them. Of all the people you get to deal with over this stuff, credit bureaus are the LEAST difficult. At least they're not out to intentionally mess up your credit.

Call them...with the latest report in your hands...and ask about the TL's you don't recognize. Ask them for addresses. Sometimes you may have to call several times before you get someone you can talk with...but it might be easier than using the mail.