Help please-just received summons!

Hi- I have been reading this board for a while and have learned alot (I think). A lawyer/CA sent me a letter about 3months ago that threatened me with a suit if I did not pay a CC in full. I DV'd them and they sent me back nothing...just a letter with my address and OC . I sent them another letter saying I needed validation, stop all collection procedures, and I was going to file a complaint with the AG if they continued. Well, a few days ago I received a summons! Not sure what to do...I know i need to answer this within 30 days and I am fairly sure I know how to do that...but what is the next step? Thanks ahead of time!

Hi- I have been reading this board for a while and have learned alot (I think). A lawyer/CA sent me a letter about 3months ago that threatened me with a suit if I did not pay a CC in full. I DV'd them and they sent me back nothing...just a letter with my address and OC . I sent them another letter saying I needed validation, stop all collection procedures, and I was going to file a complaint with the AG if they continued. Well, a few days ago I received a summons! Not sure what to do...I know i need to answer this within 30 days and I am fairly sure I know how to do that...but what is the next step? Thanks ahead of time!

Hi sosorry..I am going through this myself, well my daughter is I should say and I have been doing all the research, answering, etc..

For starters, Answering the summons is usually 20 days, not 30. Make sure you check your papers ASAP. If you miss the deadline, then they will get a Default Judgement on you!

I am the worse person here when it comes to violations, but it appears to me that the opposing side has already built up some on themselves. Other more knowledgeable people can point them out to you so you can countersue them in your Answers to the summons.

Usually after the summons is answered and notated in your court case, the opposing attorney sends along the wonderful, time consuming and really fun-to-answer Discsovery. UGH!!!

I am sure more help is on the way!!!

Hang in there!

You need to file and serve a written answer to the complaint. Along w ith those, you will want to serve some discovery demands. Do not wait until the plaintiff does this!

You may want to counterclaim for an FDCPA violation, as the atty is the plaintiff's agent. You might bring an action against the atty for such a violation.

What state are you in?