when does action acrue?

Does anybody know when action acrues for the purpose of starting the SOL clock ticking. I'm been looking all over the Texas Civil Remedies Code and couldn't find much. A local lawyer said that payment even after chargoff resets the clock. I always though it was when you are deliquent and that usually happens after a chargoff. If anybody has some case law under Texas that would be extremely helpful.

Can you give me a reference to look at. I spent some time in the law library. I only thing I could find out was the the SOL starts when the "action accrues". Generally the action accrues when the creditor has the right to sue, ie I'm assuming default, deliquency chargeoff DOLA as a right to sue. I couldn't find any tolling provision for payment within the statue of limitation. I only researched the civil remedies code for texas.

Didn't find a provision that payment after default was a renewed promise to pay or permission to reage. I think you are right about New York, but Texas is a whole new state. Very confusing