Getting Rid of First Premier...

c m chase

Hmmmmm. I can't decide.

The card is almost 2 years old. I have a balance of $8 on it right now. There is, combined, $140 worth of fees a year....not counting interest. I've already cut up the card. :D

Two questions...

1) Would I be better off keeping the card and using a little history (though not much at ALL), and just paying the $6 fee every month, or should I dump it now while the history is small...so it doesn't affect much?

and

2) How should I close it? Call, pay the balance by phone, and close it right then? How do I make sure it's ALL paid when it's closed? I've heard First Premier has a habit of putting "not more than 2 payments past due" after you close/pay off an account. How do I keep them from that?

THANKS! Bye, bye, piece of crap cards!! :D

Well...I normally wouldn't take YOUR advice...but I did anyway. :wink:8-)

First Premier is CLOSED!!!!!!!!! :shock::D It was my first rebuilder card. Now it go bye bye.

They didn't even offer to reduce/remove the fees or a higher limit or anything. lol That was easy peasy. And it feels GREEEAT! :D

Well...I normally wouldn't take YOUR advice...but I did anyway. :wink:8-)

First Premier is CLOSED!!!!!!!!! :shock::D It was my first rebuilder card. Now it go bye bye.

They didn't even offer to reduce/remove the fees or a higher limit or anything. lol That was easy peasy. And it feels GREEEAT! :D

8-) They never begged me to stay either. :roll: Good riddance. I'm seriously considering letting Crap One take a hike too. Had the card over a year and never a CLI.......and they wouldn't report it even if they gave me one. :x