New Amex Blue Cash CLI question

I just received my new card today. I would like to do a balance transfer of 2500 from a higher rate card to the blue (3.99 for the life of the transfer). Should I ask for a CLI so that my utilization remains low and what are the chances that they will give me one?

Also while I am on the subject I am thinking of cancelling two of my crap1 cards the ones with the 300 limit and possibly the 1000 one. What effect will this have on my scores, which are all about 690.

Depends how long they've been open. I'm assuming they're your oldest cards, as few people go from good to not so good cards. You may see a hit if you close them, but if you're set cc wise for a while it won't really matter; you can just age the better, newer cards and re-coup whatever you lost. I'm assuming they do have annual fees right?? Have you asked them to waive them?