NEWBIE fixing his credit report

tripeclipse

Hello all,

I am new to all of this and I have read many of your messages. I have to say that I have found all of this imformation encouraging and inspiring. I used to be really afraid to tackle on these collection agencies and credit bureaus. I must say now that I feel that I have enough help from all of you to tackle any situation that might come my way.

Here is what I a dealing with.

Exp: 621

Equ: 584

TU: 533

16 Tradelines

10 Collection Lines

13 Derogs total.

The main problems are with the collection agencies. Some of these are legitimate but I am requesting Validation before I attempt to settle or make payments.

Thank you all and I will keep you update.

:)++ Welcome tripeclipse!!! :D :D

Sounds like you are starting out on the right foot. Just remember that just because someone is trying to collect a debt doesn't mean they are entitled to do so.

Check out the collections forum for all of the things you should be checking including licensing and bonding for you state.

Best of luck! Keep us posted :) :) -Jenn

I am about seven months into my struggle... And I'm having success.

You can, too!!!

Take my advice: Dispute and then DV!

I can't tell you how much money I've wasted paying collection agencies that likely couldn't have proven I even owed it. Meanwhile, about three of the collections fell off once I dispute them.

I've finished the DV approach now. I will see a method of verification with the original credit card companies.

Let's hope that works!