How do I get them to pay?

I sued "The Westmoreland Agency" back in february, and got a default judgement that was entered against them on March 3, 2005. I am having trouble even communicating with them. All mail that I have sent to them directly never gets a response. When I send things to their registered agent, the registered agent sends it back, saying that "two companies could have similiar names, and that it must be addressed identically to how it is listed with the Oregon Sec of State. I called the westmoreland agency to verify the registered agent, and they didn't have a clue. They gave me an address to reach their attorneys, and it was the same address that I had sent all other communications, that never once have gotten a single response. As far as I can tell, I am sending it to the correct registered agent, but they won't accept anything. I can't get a response from anyone directly with the company. Please help!! Anyone.

If I'm not mistaken you can go back to the judge and he'll have the Sheriff go in and start confiscating office furniture to pay off the judgment... let's see if there's any truth to that.

they're obviously giving you the run-around.

Question 1: In what court and state did you get the judgment?

Question 2: Where is Westmoreland located? I.e., what is there principal address?

Check out http://www.acainternational.org/consumers.aspx?cid=221, the home page of ACA INt'l. Assuming they are a member in good standing, grieve them through ACA's ethics committee. Document your judgment and all the subsequent communication efforts. Their members cannot shirk obligations. It may not work, but it will get attention.

If they are out of state, they are waving their nose at you. COntact a local-to-them attorney from the Commercial Law League of America ( aka cold hearted hired guns) to collect for you. As I told my creditor clients: getting a judgment is the tip of the collection iceberg. Collecting was the other 90%

Make sure you get their physical address and Tax ID number for the Oregon corp.

Notify Dun/Bradstreet the corporate credit bureau that you have a judgement against westmoreland.

Who is the registered agent? Notify the Secretary of State that they are giving you the run around both the RA and the company Westmoreland. They either have a RA or they don't. If they don't, then their corporate status can get revoked. You MUST have a RA in state for the exact purpose of passing legal notifications. If they don't have one or the RA isn't going to pass them, let the SOS know this.

DocDon, you are correct, you can talk to the local constable, show them the judgement, and back the moving truck up as you start confiscating computers, furniture, office supplies and equiptment. Liquidate them, and then go back for more. That DEFINATELY will get their attention. I am not sure of the exact process to go through, but I heard that there are some upfront costs to doing so, but the sheer joy I'd get out of repoing a collectors stuff would make me warm with glee.

Alternatively, you can seize their checking accounts, vehicles, and other properties owned.

I prefer the former just to be an a$$, as these folks have earned it. Pick up the rest from their bank accounts and any vehicles they have.

You have one very big thing working in your favor--your geography. Oregon has some great longarm laws that don't even require the judgments to be transferred to the Defendant's principle place of business state. And 2) You should give Hardy Myers a call--the Oregon AG office is really good about helping consumers resolve issues like this.