help again....CA's and CRA's

hepcen

OK. guys, since my last was not answered.. probably cuz' the and is simple.. I will figure this out... here are 4 more questions....

1. When looking for the SOL date.. is it the date of the last activity or from the initial date they recieved from the OC?

2. The CRA (Exp) said when asked about dating the activity, they said it was legal if there is money owed, they can update it monthly, T/F? We said then it will never come off if you keep re-aging it! They said" You will only go by the originating date... (but they do not list a date.). he said you have to call and we will tell you, After you pay the CA.. kind of a jerk!

3. We told the CRA that we had made arraingment with the OC, and asked what would have to be done to remove the trade line with the CA on it.. was told.. "You have to pay CA because the bought the account, you must pay them not the OC, they own it.."

4. where can I find all the accronyms (sp) you guys use.. so I can print it so I do not feel so damned dumb when a new one pops up...

OK. guys, since my last was not answered.. probably cuz' the and is simple.. I will figure this out... here are 4 more questions....

1. When looking for the SOL date.. is it the date of the last activity or from the initial date they recieved from the OC?

They (the CA) cannot change the characteristic of the debt, which means they cannot change (ie: re-age) information.

No matter how many times that debt changes hands, the DOLA does not change.

2. The CRA (Exp) said when asked about dating the activity, they said it was legal if there is money owed, they can update it monthly, T/F? We said then it will never come off if you keep re-aging it! They said" You will only go by the originating date... (but they do not list a date.). he said you have to call and we will tell you, After you pay the CA.. kind of a jerk!

Re-aging is not updating the information monthly. Re-aging is the CA changing the DOLA.

Example: Account is charged off in 12-2002. The CA decides to list it as 12-2005 (the date they bought it), thereby re-aging the account.

3. We told the CRA that we had made arraingment with the OC, and asked what would have to be done to remove the trade line with the CA on it.. was told.. "You have to pay CA because the bought the account, you must pay them not the OC, they own it.."

If the CA purchased the debt, the OC no longer has any right to that debt, and cannot enter into an agreement with you.

If they (the OC) still owns the debt, and simply contracted the help of a CA to collect, then you can work with the OC.

4. where can I find all the accronyms (sp) you guys use.. so I can print it so I do not feel so damned dumb when a new one pops up...

In the "Resources" Forum.

Date of last activity.

The creditor/collection agency can update the info monthy, they cannot re-age it however (changing the DOLA to a more recent date to lengthen the time it can remain on your report).

The CRA doesn't care about your arrangements with anyone, unfortunately. If the CA owns it, then yes, you pay them. As for your arrangement with the OC, do you have it in writing? Did you honor your part of the deal?

Look in the "Please Read Before Posting & Announcement" section of the board... its the first one on the discussion main page. If you see one thats not on the list, ask :)

Hope this helps.

The CRA said they can change the Last activity date monthly because of a debt is still owed.. however, the only activity I have had with them since 2002 is when we called to maybe set up payment.. and they cussed my wife out..called her names.. and threatened the police and sherriff to pay us vist and at my work... and.. when we sent them a vlidation letter (DV).

We called the OC and they STILL have us listed on their accounts as a debt owed through their "Stop Loss" Dept.. told us to go to any branch and pay, using the original account Number..Should I get this is wiriting?

The CRA said they can change the Last activity date monthly because of a debt is still owed.. however, the only activity I have had with them since 2002 is when we called to maybe set up payment.. and they cussed my wife out..called her names.. and threatened the police and sherriff to pay us vist and at my work... and.. when we sent them a vlidation letter (DV).

We called the OC and they STILL have us listed on their accounts as a debt owed through their "Stop Loss" Dept.. told us to go to any branch and pay, using the original account Number..Should I get this is wiriting?

Confusion!!

This has to be the collection agency, not the CRAs, ie Experian, Transunion, Equifax. They cannot threaten you like that. Its a violation of the FDCPA.

I don't see how the CA (collection agency) can own this debt if the OC says you can pay at any branch....

The CRA said they can change the Last activity date monthly because of a debt is still owed..

A data entry clerk at the CRA won't know squat about the laws. Don't worry about what you were told. They were wrong. They mixed up reporting the delinquency monthly with changing the DOLA.

however, the only activity I have had with them since 2002 is when we called to maybe set up payment.. and they cussed my wife out..called her names.. and threatened the police and sherriff to pay us vist and at my work... and.. when we sent them a vlidation letter (DV).

File formal complaints against them with your state Attorney General, their state Attorney General and the FTC for threatening you like that and for using obscene language toward your wife.

If they still own the account, then the CA is only contracted to help collect the debt. You need to find this out for sure, so yes... everything should be done in writing.