What's your biggest jump on credit score?

mike111

Anybody care to share their biggest jump on credit score after a specific action? (dispute/new card/piggyback, etc.etc)

I'm trying to understand this credit repair thing more quantitively..

so far my biggest jump is only a 9 pt on EQ after getting a new secured CC (with no active revolving major CC before this)

i had an account that was reporting charge off for $12000.00 and had been reaged. this account was IIB 1 year prior to the reaging. so it was killing my score because a charge off for 12000.00 1 year after bk really kills your score. when i had this corrected to IIB 0 bal. my fico went up 109 points in one day.

Transunion: from 657 to 761!

I applied for the Best Buy card, and the Citibank Visa card. Best Buy gave me $1500 and Citibank gave me $5000.

As soon as these tradelines were added to my report, the score shot up!

I only had 1 credit card on my file, a capital one, which has two lates from about 15 months ago. Other than that, i have a student loan in good standing, no lates.

I needed to apply for credit because I only had 3 tradelines on my report, and only 1 of those was revolving credit. The third tradeline was a positive account closed eons ago.

So now I have 5 tradelines in total, and adding the 2 credit cards helped my score.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I thought it was interesting and informative.

Realistically, we all know that scoring methods are bizarre and mysterious, but hell, it's worth it for the amusement factor alone, right?

So, I thought I would bump it and share my own (so far):

Highest Jump: 43 points on TU when a new credit card was reported (up from 527- yuck!)

Transunion 695 to 769

A 74 point increase over night. What caused this. I had a Tax Lien deleted. Prior to being deleted it was showing a status of Paid/Satisfied. That is what a tax lien can do to your credit report. And it was just 1. I previously had 10 total. When all 10 were on there, it was 636. When 9 of 10 were deleted it went to 695. And then to 769 when the last dropped.

MIND YOU THESE ARE FAKO TRUECREDIT SCORES!

As of today, I have 3 CLEAN CREDIT REPORTS! I will be pulling FICOs as soon as I get some investigations completed on inquiries. I will also have to get a fraud alert removed. This should be in a week of two. I have never pulled true FICO yet. But I am confident now. I am aiming for a 3 way 700 club. I know EQ is being drawn down by 21 inquiries all less than 6 months old. Half of them are errors due to duplication. I anticipate through *B* it will be down to almost none in addition to the disputes.

Experian 680 to 746 Over night

A 66 point increase! This was due to the last Tax Lien dropping off as mentioned above.

Although I PM'd the previous poster, for everyone's edification....

I had 3 CAs deleted.

EQ was the only one reporting my Citifinancial account. They would update and insert erroneous 30 day lates. I used to have to call EQ regularly to get those deleted. I finally paid this off, they removed the 7 30 day late notations for a Paid/Never late....

My house in FL sold. It showed paid.

I used the equity to reduce my utilization to 13% from 95%.

All in 30 days and a resulting 108 jump in points!

Although I PM'd the previous poster, for everyone's edification....

I had 3 CAs deleted.

EQ was the only one reporting my Citifinancial account. They would update and insert erroneous 30 day lates. I used to have to call EQ regularly to get those deleted. I finally paid this off, they removed the 7 30 day late notations for a Paid/Never late....

My house in FL sold. It showed paid.

I used the equity to reduce my utilization to 13% from 95%.

All in 30 days and a resulting 108 jump in points!

Amazing how scores increase when you get utilization under 30%. It is nice seeing those scores go up! Sounds like you have been doing a good job of being persistent with it! Great Job :!:

• 2 weeks later...

not to be a downer but....disputed judgement on all 3 for hubby and me. Was supposed to be IIB (will be off of reports in 1/07) so I just wanted it to be reported right.

Well, TU/EQ reported IIB and EX removed!! Which I was sooo happy about! I figured that BK and judgements were going to make a huge difference, but DH EX went down 16 points the next day with no other changes! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...