Thanks to everyone!

Well, since I'm no longer able to discuss who I whipped and how bad, I will say thanks to all for the encouragement and support. That little payoff I got just covered all our taxes and paid off the auto mechanics bill! 8-) So that's a good thing. And no sooner do I get that out of the way, but along comes Equifax... re-entering an account that we successfully disputed two years ago. Wrote them a dispute letter saying we had already got this deleted two years ago, and now the company has re-entered irronious information saying we have been paying them for over two years and are over 120 days late, that we owe them over $8000, and on top of everything else, the company is not listing it as in dispute. This company filed suit on an SOL debt back in June of 2003, and we are still waiting to hear on a hearing date. The lawyer handling this for us has ignored all information I have taken him concerning the 9 violations these people have committed so far, and when I called him yesterday concerning the fact that this company verified the information when we disputed with Equifax, he pretty much blew it off. I told him that if he wasn't involved I would write this offending company and make a few demands. Even told him what I'd say... he said that he'd try to get a letter out to them in a couple of days but that he didn't think it would do any good! At this point, we'd like to fire him but don't know what the reprecussions would be! And on top of everything else, since my computer took a dump, I'm afraid I don't ahve the original letters disputing this with EQ. Any ideas what I should do. Skywarner... I know your pretty good on FCRA violations... how bout some suggestions? :D

At this point, we'd like to fire him but don't know what the reprecussions would be! And on top of everything else, since my computer took a dump, I'm afraid I don't ahve the original letters disputing this with EQ. Any ideas what I should do.

Attacking this from a different angle (I'm a newbie when it comes to credit - luckily I have no problems - but not so new that I don't know what's important ;)):

Get the hard drive from your crashed computer into a working computer as soon as possible, and copy off all those letters (as well as anything else you might want to save). It may even pay for you to buy a thumb drive to save them on, or burn them onto a CD. Then you'll have one less thing to worry about.

If the drive is what went bad, DON'T throw it out. Depending on how important those letters become later, it may pay to have as much of them as possible recovered from the drive. (Data can usually be recovered from a crashed drive - it's usually the first FAT or the directory that go bad.)

BTW, I do have experience with attorneys, and the best thing I've ever found to do with a bad one is fire him. They're totally useless for just about anything else. (Unless you're into target shooting or fishing.)

I would ask the attorney... "What exactly are you doing that I am paying you for? These are legitimate violations and you are ignoring them"

Personally.. I would bag the BOZO and find someone new. All of us here know that violations are the key to getting things done the way you want.. if this guy doesnt get that... well then he aint worth the paper his degree is written on,

Find someone new.. QUICK

And as to violations.. I would say you have a couple good ones to use in your favor.

I would need more info to really make a good call on it