Trying to understand how to REPAIR

abeautifulwoman

I don't know if I quite understand how to repair my credit. I have 4 paid CO's that have been paid off for about 5-6 years now. I desperately want to get these removed from my CR. I'm trying to understand how to do that.

Now, I've been reading alot of the discussions from this message board and for the most part, its telling me that I should DV them. Will this work for me? This is where I am confused.

Also, I have a CA for Sprint LTD(long distance) coming after me for a debt I'm pretty sure I paid. If they are correct, this debt stems from about 4 years ago. Should I DV them then DV sprint? Is that how it works? Then as a result from DV'ing them both, it will come off my CR. Right now, its listed on my CR as a collection and is not in my TL.

Does anyone know how I can go about reducing a debt on a current bill. I have been paying for this bill for 5 years now and its not going anywhere. There was a time where I had not made payment for a good while which made my bill increase. Anyhoo, my bill is still really high and I'd like for it to be decreased somehow. If anyone knows of a way I can do this, please let me know.

Sorry about the length. I'm just trying to find out how to go about this w/o felling completly overwhelmed.

I have been trying to clean my credit up for some time now and I thought the best way to do it was to pay off when I could. I was sooo wrong and this all makes sense now. Being that these accounts are still on my CR.

Thanks for reading! Your responses are definitely appreciated!

:)++ Hiya Abeautifulwoman! Welcome!

I would suggest since you are dealing with collection accounts to try and go through the collections forum and see what tidbits you can pick up there too :)

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2

There is a sticky that says "how to get rid of a paid collection" that will probably be most helpful to you. Congrats for trying to get your credit on track and cleaned up! Good luck! -Jenn

Hi am just getting started myself...from what I am getting first you need to dispute the entry with the CRA's and pray that it works...If not then you need to go to the origional creditor...since you say you have paid them you may be in for a challege....my understanding is paid or unpaid it stays on your records for 7 years...being that they are paid you don't have anything to hold over their heads....CA are a sore spot for me...I hate them and the people that work for them....I don't feel one bit bad about not paying somone that thinks they can bully me around.....anyway if you get nowhere with that I would continue to dispute, dispute,dispute..you can also ad a small statement to the entry explaining your side of the situation...I don't know if this really helps your score but when making a major purpose like a home it may help the person making the decision decide in your favor....I have been told in some cases the lender will overlook the collection accounts if they are paid...

Hope this helps

:)++ Hiya Abeautifulwoman! Welcome!

I would suggest since you are dealing with collection accounts to try and go through the collections forum and see what tidbits you can pick up there too :)

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2

There is a sticky that says "how to get rid of a paid collection" that will probably be most helpful to you. Congrats for trying to get your credit on track and cleaned up! Good luck! -Jenn

Thanks for that info. I will go there and see what I can find out now. Thanks a bunch!

anyway if you get nowhere with that I would continue to dispute, dispute,dispute..

So are you saying that I should submit a dispute with the CRA's about these paid CO's? I should tell them that I paid these accounts off years ago and they should've been removed. Is that correct. Sorry, I'm trying to understand.