Consent order changed by Attorneys

Hello

I been working on my wife accounts for the pass five years, I have paid of about 80%, most of these accounts are done on Consent Order and sign by a judge

I have a problem with this one account, the Consent order started back January 25th 2002 and the last payment of $22.44 is March 25 2005

I called today to let them know that the bank sent a $100 payment and not $22.44 and they now tell me that we still owe $300 for Interest.

Can they change a Consent order like that, they been great to deal with in the last two years and today were rude and very nasty and keeped handing up when they were trying to send me to the person in charge.

any help in this would be great

Thanks

grant

Thanks

In the Agreement that was sign by all partys and a judge, the Agreement states that the last payment is for $22.44.

we never missed any payment,allway been before the dew date, the wording

(Then on March 2005 defendant shall pay the remaining balance of $22.44 to pay said balance in full) I paid $100 by error.

I work as a CSI agent and know very little about debt laws, do they have to state a interest amount in the Agreement.

On a side note, reading about CA on this website shows me that many CA break laws , all should start collecting EXHIBTs for the courts and file suit

Thanks

Is this a Consent Judgement or Consent Settlement order?

IF it is a consent settlement order, in MOST states, it is not considered a judgement and you only have to pay what is agreed upon, not interest. I have had two, and even the attorney on one of them acknowledged that when I asked why my statements added interest. She wrote me a letter in response to my letter and stated they cannot collect interest as long as I keep my agreed payments. She wrote that their system just keeps track of interest because so many people default. If your last payment was to be $22.44, then that basically says you have paid it and are done with it, and they owe you a refund. And yes, if they are legally charging interest, it would say that in the order.