? on good will letters

blel0906

I have a few accounts that are reflecting continously late the accounts are paid through a Debt Management Co...I missed one or two payments last year with the DM the DM sends in the agreed upon monthly amount so on my reports my accounts are not only showing a past due balance but also that they are reporting me late continously...I am first trying to dispute but if they come back as valid ....what is the best way to handle this pay off the past due amount then write a letter asking that in good will they delete the negative information? Or should I just write them asking them to do this and continue to make my regular payments?

Obviously I am not too optimistic that the open accounts will be able to be resolved with a simple dispute...

Hello! I also was on a debt management program, you will see some do not agree in using these services but it worked for me and worked very well that I am finished and have no credit card debt. I also had lates on my accounts. Once they were paid off I sent goodwill letters via Planet Feedback. Even when some of the companies initially stated they would not change the status that was being reported, after several letters they finally changed the account to never late.

Also they deleted the statement under credit counselling services from my tradelines.

Hope this is helpfull.

I have no complaints about using the debt management service...Other than I can't use the cards which probably not a bad thing....I did it primarily because I had no luck negotiating with the creditors on my own...my credit at the time was fair not great but fair..I believe I was around 640 but I was getting charged 24% and up on my cards...I did not save any money monthly but my payments actually make and impact on my balances...I should be done by this time next year..It will have taken me exactly 5 years to payoff $18,000 in credit card debt...I think the only time it hurts you is if you take the settlements....I can settle my debts for 40-60% of the balance...then they can report it as a charged off balance. With the exception of Chase the other 4 cards show no late history and only Household has a comment of managed by a debt management agency...Its not my revolving debt that is hurting me as much as lates on loans, a couple collection accounts, and a bankruptcy that is due to go away in October..It will be 10 years....

I was actully kind of shocked how many legit errors were on my reports...My mortgage is listed 2x's..with completely different histories mind you, I have one collection that is listed 2x's by differnt companies, an old car loan that is showing me currently 90 days past due with a balance however the loan is paid in full and was not late this one shows on all three reports they even had my birthdate wong at Equifax..Most of my lates are legit I would say most companies were generous and did not report me late as many times as they could have...My husband and I have really stuggled the last few years becasue we started our own business...with nothing more than borrowed money..it took a few years to maintain a steady income. Its been three months since I have paid anything late now so I know my score will drastically improve just by keeping it up. Fico Simulator shows almost a 100 pt jump if I pay my bills on time for the next 6 months so I can only imagine what getting rid of some of this other crap will do.