Alltell account

rdonitzen

I have an alltell account that i settled in full and have a signed letter to prove it. The problem is that it is still showing a balance which is the difference in what i settled for and the origional balance. how do i get them to update my reports to a zero balance. obviously if they agreed to settle in full then there should be a zero balance. any ideas? im trying to get my scores up. my scores were 496 T.U., 524 EQ, and 557 EXP> in dec 04. Jan 05 scores.... T.U. 585, 533EQ, 575 EXP. :(

I recently had this same problem--but with Capital One. I settled with them, but they kept reporting the difference between the full amount owed and the settlement amount as outstanding balance.

Here's what I did. Do not do what I did!!!

I submitted an online dispute with Experian, stating that the account was paid in full. A few days ago, I noticed that my Experian credit score had dropped 19 points. I couldn't figure out why.

So I ordered my credit report and gave it a once over. Capital One changed my balance to zero, which is exactly what I wanted. However, they added a comment to my report, saying that the account was closed/paid but for a settlement amount less than the full amount. That was the only change on my credit report since the last time I pulled it.

That little stunt cost me 19 points! And now I'm stuck with that stupid comment on my CR for the next 7 years. The outstanding balance with no comments looked much, much better.

You may want to approach Alltel in a different way than I approached Cap One.

Regards.