ready to send ITS or file? - please help

Ok – I am ready to do something about this collection agency. Please help me look at this list that I think are violations and let me know if you think I have a chance, and what my next step should be.

I started paying on medical collections in March of 2003, $70 a month. I paid like clockwork. I never knew a thing about this board or DV’ing when i started paying. I thought everything was going good. Until I applied for a mortgage in October of 2004 and was shocked at what I found. (I was denied for the mortgage.)

This one collection agency had 37 duplicates on my report. This isn’t the first time – as I found an old report from March 2002 that showed many, many duplicates as well. So there is a documented history of them doing this on my reports. Even though I had been paying for 19 months at the time my report was pulled for the mortgage – it only showed that I had paid $110 – everything else was listed as UNPAID.

I got to comparing the 2002 report and the 2004 report. Please look at the difference in how its reported:

March 02 report

Collection reported: 2/02

Assigned 12/01 to CA

Amount: $180

Unpaid; Balance $180

DOLA: 6/01

Individual Account

Acct: 36xxxxx

October 04 Report

CA

Acct: 47xxxx

Bal: $180

Opened: 12/01

Submitted to collection: 5/2004

CA

Acct: 36xxxxxxx

Submitted to collection: No Data

CA

Acct: 5617xxxx

Submitted to collection: 3/2003

So in October I notified the CA of the duplicates, wsa told that it would be corrected immediately, and I kept paying (again - this was before i found this board).

I found this board and sent a DV to them, even though i had been paying forever! They sent me a vague printout from their system, but never listed anything in dispute with the CRAs. I did get them to agree to a PFD and I made my final payment on March 16, 2005. The CA had sent me PFD agreement prior to me making my last payment, although it hasnt all been deleted as of today.

I filed a complaint with teh BBB, and when the BBB contacted the CA - they pulled my EQ credit report on March 28, 2005. Their claim for pulling my report was that i have a balance owed, but its past the SOL so they told me they couldnt collect on it.

Is this enough to take them to court? Just looking at the above info – how many violations do you see? Should i send an ITS with an offer to settle out of court? I am nervous - but i know i need to do something!

I truly appreciate you reading all of this and your tips

yes i have disputed with the CRAs. I have been disputing accounts since december since there were so many. I literally had over 50 collection accounts listed by this CA. I have been able to get them deleted over that period of time, but they have verified many as unpaid - when they were.

I did notice that after i sent the complaint to the BBB, the CA has changed the remaining listings to paid.

hey wolf... I had the same thing happen to me, I am also in Ga. and Four hours away from Atlanta... Are you in Savannah? Is the CA Lanier Collection Agency? if so they are SOB's! ! ! They filed a lawsuit against me.

I would DV the CA and tell them you want proof of the charges. You will want to see your signature. Through the process so far, I've found out that one of the major hospitials here in Savannah, sent some records to be scanned and placed on microfilm over in India... Well before they realized, and after the original documents were shreaded, the Signature page for consent for treatment and payment of services were never scanned on thousands of records. At least this is the case with 2 out of 5 cases they are suing me for.

GoodLuck