What if Cap one was deleted and then months later comes back

Fedup4605

Equifax had deleted my cap one account, then sent me a new credit report with it deleted. Months later it came back. I called Equifax and asked them why this is, they said that it looks like Cap one re-reported it...I thought that was not possible and once it has been deleted it cannot be re-reported..?

No But I did receive a etter from Equifax showing and telling me that it has been deleted...But like I said when I tell Equifax this all they say is that "well it looks like the agency has re-reported, and there is nothing they can do about it.. I just don't think this sounds right...I was always told that if something is deleted, that it cannot be reported again...I gues Im wrong..?

The FCRA now requires the CRA to maintain procedures to prevent "repollution" of consumer credit reports. This goes beyond the previous standard where they simply had to notify you of a reinsert.

The CRAs, of course, don't want to follow that law. It will take some time before they get whacked enough in court over this.