WorldZen Collection and Recovery

rising_score

I was going over my credit report and noticed 2 inquiries from WorldZen Collection and Recovery. One was a soft inquiry from 2003 and the other was a hard inquiry from early 2004. I have no collection accounts or judgements on any of my reports. Are the inquiries from WorldZen anything to be concerned about? Also, I investigated their website, but I am unclear if they are a JDB or CA?

Cute name...never heard of them. I have heard, however, that sometimes CA or JDB's will look at your CRs before deciding if they want to purchase your debt. I remember reading a post about that around here somewhere...the discussion was about whether it was legal or not BEFORE they actually were collecting...

Cute name...never heard of them. I have heard, however, that sometimes CA or JDB's will look at your CRs before deciding if they want to purchase your debt. I remember reading a post about that around here somewhere...the discussion was about whether it was legal or not BEFORE they actually were collecting...

Thank you for the info. I am hoping I am safe since the last inquiry was in early 2004, but you never know. I would like the hard inquiry off of my credit report, but when I called Experian, they said I had to call the company that made the inquiry and ask them to remove it! I do not want to call Worldzen on the off chance that I call negative attention to myself.

Like I said, there was discussion here somewhere (do a search using the menu item at the top) on "permissable purpose" for a CA to pull your report before attempting to collect. As I remember, the jist of the discussion was they aren't allowed to do that and you can send them a letter saying, in effect, "...remove yourself or I'll sue..."

But, like you said, if they really do have an account to collect from you, that might work you further up their "to do" list...

See if you can find the other post...maybe that will help you decide...