Newbie here just starting out.

kevmic

kevmic,

My wife and I are also wanting to get a mortgage in 6-12 months. EX had our scores as me-506 wife-580. I have 3 collections still upaid that are on my report. I haven't started the disputing with the CRAs yet. I am enjoying your updates and progress. Keep us posted!

Credit expert says my EX score is up to 566. my question is what is the difference between facko scores and true fico scores? From what I can tell historically true fico scores are higher than fackos. But I am basing this on peoples scores and their relationsships to one another.

latest round of disputes with Tu is over, they must be super busy becasue all four of my disputes were deleted.

Success.......

I am down to 4 negatives and 2 positives on that one.

I am hoping it will be 3 positives soon. I hopefully got everything straightened out with an old perfect auto loan that was paid off in 2003, that TU and EQ dropped when I got my new car loan in December of last year.

If I wouldnt have found this board I would have never know how to repair my credit.

Thanks yall...

Now I just need a little more work on my other two and I will be ready to take on 2 repos..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just an update here.

In just under 4 months of credit repair work I closed on my home loan on Tuesday. 4 months ago I thought no way in hell I would ever have a home in the next few years.

Credit repair really works. read read read..... Do your home work and it will pay off for you....... It did for me.....

Congrats, Kev!

I started out a little bit like you. I had 9 negs on all of my reports, now I only have 3 on TU and 4 each on EQ, EXP (2 are judgments, and 2 are child support). But unbelievably, my scores are pretty decent. None under 640. One judgment comes off next year and the other one comes off in 2008. I'm trying to get them off before then. Both are paid.....and once I get the child support collections off (once they are paid in full), i should have no negs at all.

Again, congrats.

• 4 months later...
as of 2/2/2006

fico scores are

eq 574

ex 612

tu 567

Still working on it.

Still fighting LVN and all their subsidiaries

You said you closed on your home back in September, and your scores now are listed above.

what were your scores when you closed and what kind of rate did you get?

Mine are currently

TU 554

EQ 615

EX 564

I hope to close in July. And I'm hoping to have my numbers all above 600 by then. (hopefully above 640).

But just curious what kind of rate you got with your scores.

My score were just a little lower than they are now. I havent seen much of a rise in score since the new loan got on there. I hear it takes abaout 6 months for it to happen. My rate is 9.85%. Kinda high but Its acceptable to get us in our home. once I get my scores all over 600 I will refinance for a lower rate.

• 3 weeks later...

I was approved for a Amex card the other day and today I get an email notice from Ex. I had two more negative Tl's removes. I now only have 4 negatives left and 5 positives. but will be 7 when the 2 new credit cards start reporting.

• 3 months later...