Sign in to follow this  
Flipper762

Question about TransUnion

Has anyone on this board ever had sucess with getting TU to remove inquries. I keep disputing them stating that the companies ran my CR without PP but they insist on telling me that they do not investigate inquries.

Yes. I disputed...they said the same thing...I sued...we settled...they paid me...the inquiries were removed. :p

Seriously, you'll probably have to file a lawsuit against these knuckleheads.

I just did a dispute to TU for several hard inqs. One company did hard pulls 2X in 2 DAYS. Mentioned it was poisoning my score, plz remove. Another 2 hard pulls by same CA, diff names, within 3 days of each other. Mentioned DV'd and no response, therefore no PP. We'll see if this works. I know it may not. But I tell ya, some of the things I see popping up on my reports info, ah yes, they are inundated and cannot keep up. The stuff is to the positive from what I have seen.

i have the same problem with transunion saying they don't dispute inquiries. I presented the case that if it was affecting my score or my ability to obtain credit then it should be disputable.the rep told me that it does not affect my score and that different companies will use credit inquiries different ways and i need to contact inquiring companies if i want to dispute them. she also said mine didn't look too bad. lol. are they in any kind of violation here? came here looking to clean up my credit but after seeing how bureaus and credit companies work i am getting a lil sue happy.

i feel ya on the sue-happy-ness ! yes they can affect your score, and they are disputable, just like TL's. by refusing to investigate, yes they are in violation.

Man oh man. TU is impossible to deal with. I've been calling all day getting different reps and NONE of them will invesigate an inquiry. Keep telling me to call the creditor. I was thinking calling the creditors to try and have inqs deleted would be a bad idea. Should I send an ITS or just keep trying to call and get the one rep that might actually take some of them off. I try to be mean but I just can't seem to do it.

:(

I had success getting them removed with TU...but I took a bit of a different approach to this whole thing than most do..

I just called them to ask them to investigate one of my hard inquiries. I got the same story as everyone else; you have to call the original creditor. I just called the original creditor, and they admitted that their recent inquiry should have been a soft one. They had me fax a copy of my credit report over, along with an explanation, and they said they will send me something to send to TU. If this does not work I will sue!!!!!