Help with a "Pay for Delete" letter

adale

I asked about this the other day and then did some searching, but did not find any letters here that fit what i was wanting.

I have 2 collections showing:

1 for $122 that i have dv'ed and am willing to pay. But i want to get it removed it i give them the cash :)

the second one is for $52 (i think or 54) and I dv'd it and have not heard back. (i do belive i actually paid this one already a year or so ago and think the paper work in put up in one of my file cabnets just need to find it)

Where do i go from here? I believe these are the last to negitives left on my reports. If i can get these off the scores may not be steller but at least the reports will be clean.

Does and one have any sucessfull pay for deletes stradigies?

the $121 is with AMCOL SYS (they got it from Satilink pagers, was a pager that a previous employer was supposed to pay for but didnt and i got shafted the bill)

the other was with PRIMUS TELECOM and now with I.C. SYS

Dive's right ...

but here is one I found in Good Credit is Sexy...

Dear Creditor

It has been a pleasure working with you & I thank you for working with me on this. As you are aware, over a year ago I suffered a few setbacks that severely impacted me financially. To the effect that it has led this account to being in state that is in. Unfortunately it has left me with little resources to satisfy this account and a host of other creditors that I am in the same position with.

Going forward, I feel obligated to your company and want to make in effort to settle this for $__ dollars as payment in full. In addition, any references to late payment or charge off regarding this account are removed from my credit file.

If these terms are acceptable to your company, please sign below and return a copy to me. Upon receipt of this acknowledged agreement, I will express you a money order in the amount stated above.

Read, Approved and Accepted by:________________ Date:_____

Sincerely

Your name

and this one...

Dear Creditor,

This letter is to confirm the settlement offer made between myself and your customer service representative ___________________ phone number _______________ made on ________, 20__.

I really appreciate the fact that your company is willing to work with me on this matter; I wanted to make an honest attempt to settle this debt.

The amount your customer service representative and I agreed to settle this debt in full is $___________. In addition, any references to late payment or charge off regarding this account are removed from my credit file.

If these terms are acceptable to your company, please sign the attached letter of agreement and return a copy to me. Upon receipt of this signed acknowledged agreement, I will express you a money order in the amount stated above.

Yours truly,

Your name

Enclosed attachements.

and here is one that is not really PFD but is cleverely lists the Default scenario with the implication being bankruptcy.

Dear Sir/Madame:

I am currently undergoing some financial difficulties and I fear I will no longer be able to make my monthly obligations to you. I don’t want to declare bankruptcy, and I feel a moral obligation to try and work out something with you so I will not have to default on this debt. I would like to work out an alternate payment plan with you if possible.

I would like to propose that you close my account, waive the interest payments and accept a new balance of 50% of what I currently owe. I can make a monthly payment of <state payment, should be between $50-$100>.

Here are the circumstances in which I find myself.

<Write the reasons for your trouble. Make sure that circumstances included here sound like they were beyond your control, not that you spent too much money and now can’t pay it. Any medical hardships, divorce, thefts, accidents are especially good here.>

I’m sure you will agree that the situation I described above has forced me to this point. Please feel free to have one of your representatives call me and work out a final plan. If you feel you can’t work with me, I will be forced to default on this account and pay creditors who can work with me. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Your name

Remember Dive is right wait for the DV process first...

Radio_Guy

Resistance is futile, the Borg will assimilate you ... Resistance is futile, the Borg...