AAHHHHH!!!! How long does it take for a score to change?

Mannerheim

Hello,

I've whacked 5 collections, I judgment, and changed 3 accounts from negative to positive in the last 10 days.

My credit score HAS NOT MOVED!!!!

I just had it pulled again for mortgage purposes, and we're exactly where we were one month ago.

When should these scores POP!!!!

I've been working with a lady at one of the bureaus that literally updates the items for me on a daily basis, but still nothing!

What's up?

Mannerheim: Greetings from one Metro Detroiter to another. A big CONGRATS on your credit repair progress!

A few questions:

Where are you pulling your scores? MyFico.com; MyCreditKeeper...???

As for the collections you had deleted...did they comprise the bulk of your credit history? In other words, could it be that even though these collections were negative, they also carried a long history, so that when they were deleted it affected your average length of history?

How many positives do you have on your report?

Even with the collections gone, do you still have a good balance of credit among revolving credit, installment loans, mortgage loans, auto loans, etc.?

Hello,

Thanks for responding. Did you see the SNOW around 3:00 p.m. today? I couldn't believe it!

As for your questions....

I have been pulling from PG, but have not been able to get a new report since the 27th. From what PG reps say, both PG and MCK are only going to allow one a month from here on out.

I'm having trouble enrolling in Myfico, as I have a fraud alert on, and they won't take me with a fraud alert. Does Myfico give a credit report with 3 scores?

My positive/negative ratio is as follows:

Pos Neg

020705 16 22

040205 18 20

042605 16 12

043005 20 9

050203 21 8

050303 23 6

The collections were all small, and over the past few years. Just nuisance items.

I did lose an old Sears account, which I think was worth about 10 points, but that should be restored today.

I have one existing (closed) credit card, that I am paying off (paid as agreed).

I have two cars (with inescapable lates), and recently refied and broke my mortgage into two accounts.

The score that I have been going by is my Mortgage score. As I think I mentioned, I had three (incorrect) mortgage lates in the past year. All were removed in the last few weeks. Wouldn't you think that would've moved my score? NO NO NO!

I just don't get it!

Thanks for the help.

truecredit.com allows you to pull up all three reports and all three credit scores. i had a fraud alert put on my account also, i just simply filled out everything they needed to know, then at the end was a toll-free number to call, did that verified who i was and in less than a minute i was able to view my cr.

Thanks flythai!

I'll have to check out Truecredit!

To those following this post, I just reviewed my First American CREDCO report from the mortgage company, and very few of the updates are showing up on my mortgage fico.

What next??

Mannerheim: I was in a meeting and missed the snow this afternoon. Just as well as it would have been just too depressing to see on May 2!

As of this morning I was still able to pull an updated 3-in-1 report on MyCreditKeeper. I've heard the rumors that it is going the way of PG, but I don't think it's happened yet. So you may want to try, just to see what your FAKO scores are. You could also pull fresh copies of your EQ, EX and TU reports with scores. Will cost you about $15 each, but might be worth it to see the updated TLs and scores. Don't know, though, it may take the three CRAs a few weeks to show the new scores. I've always been told that EQ uses the true FICO scoring, so if you don't want to spring for the entire $45 you could just check EQ for now. JMO.

Hang in there...you'll see those scores rise dramatically soon!

Hey breathing_easier!

I'm REALLY p*ssed off!

I've got all three bureaus 98% cleaned up, but when my mortgage company pulls my reports via First American CREDCO, all this bad stuff is still dragging me down.

Where is CREDCO getting this stuff, if not the bureaus. I'm on hold with them right now!

I'd post this over on the Mortgage forum. There are many knowledgeable mortgage people there. I'm not familiar with how CREDCO works, so I can't be much help there. I do know that while certain TLs can be purged from the 3 CRAs, things such as judgments and liens can often be viewed for much longer by certain financial institutions. There is a site on the Net where for a fee you can pull up public records on an individual going back 20 years. Did you have any judgments or liens removed?

Just out of curiosity, if you recently did a refi, why are you concerned with your CREDCO score?

I refied with a shady guy, unfortunately. He promised one rate 3 hours before closing, then I closed 3 points higher. I closed with the understanding that I had the 3 day recission period to back out. During that period, he promised me that he would rewrite me at a much lower rate. As of now, I have trouble getting him to return my calls, so I'm looking to refi, again.

This CREDCO stuff is really annoying me. I went to their website and it says that each time a credit report is needed for a mortgage, they get a fresh one. The one they gave my broker is dated 4/15/05, and most of my credit fixing was after that!

How many times has CREDCO pulled your reports? Multiple pulls can ding your FICO temporarily. However, if they're done during a short span for mortgage rate and auto loan shopping it usually only counts as one pull.

I think it's just been too soon for CREDCO to see your updated scores. Probably need to give it a little time.

Once again, post this over on the mortgage forum and I'm sure you'll get many helpful responses.

Hi,

I did post it over on the mortgage forum.

First American CREDCO's website says:

CREDCO does not maintain permanent files from which new credit reports are produced. Rather, each time we prepare a new credit report, we order the information from one or more of the three national repositories.

--

They do SOOOO much mortgage business, imagine how many folks are being screwed with outdated info!

Thanks again. I called Citibank, and they said, too, that they only allow for one report per month. You can view it every day, but only pull it once a month.

Keep on brainstorming!

MyCreditKeeper is still allowing daily pulls. According to a few other posts they are insisting that they aren't going to go the way of PrivacyGuard, which now only updates once monthly. So, give MCK a try. I'm still doing daily pulls with no problem. First month is free, $9.99/mo. thereafter.