same account charged off twice

philskidz

How can a creditor charge off an account, report it to the CB, turn it over to a collection agency who also charges it off. A person ends up with 2 chg offs on the same acct. There was never an agreement to do business with the collection agency.

i dont think a CA can charge off a debt, since they don't own it. if they are a JDB, and they bought the debt, then they can't charge-off more than they paid for the debt, which is usually pennies on the dollar. and then the OC has to deduct what the JDB paid them from the amount of the debt charged-off.

I have a charge off with Aspire Visa. I was 180 days on 9/2002. In the CB Aspire is stating a charge off date on 3/2005 even though they show the same 180 day in the report.

Then it goes from Aspire to Jerrerson Capital System as of 4/2005.

I was expecting this to be off my credit in 3/2009.

dv them, and tell them that they're reporting false/inaccurate information on your CR. you don't have to tell them what it is specifically, just that something is wrong, make them do the work to c what it is. send it CMRRR, when you get the green card back, dispute with the CRA's. changing the dates like that is called 're-aging'. muy muy illegal.

I had this happen with an old Sears account. Sears was reporting a C/O and RMA was reporting a C/O. I cleared this up with Experian through a dispute but Equifax has been insistent that these are two separate accounts. I've provided them proof beyond a doubt. Fortunately, one has expired and no longer reports...but I've still had a heck of a time getting them to realize that they BOTH should have dropped off after the original DOLA. (I'm on letter six) I guess that's what you get when you have a division of a CRA actually acting as a CA. Bad news for us.

for clarification please understand i have disputed this online thru EQ, EXP, CSC.

EQ is the only one who has answered stating 'remains'

if i read you correctly i should write jefferson directly saying 'false/inaccurate info' and send it CMRRR. when the green card returns to me i dispute with EQ.

what has the RR (green card) have to do with my dispute at EQ? please connect the dots for me.

having the green card back b4 you dispute, just means that the CA is aware of your dispute prior to getting notification from CRA. they are required by federal law to mark the TL in dispute within 5 days of receiving your letter. and depending on if your DV letter was in response to their initial communication or not, they may have to cease collection activities while the account remains disputed. They're supposed to validate to you b4 they verify with the CRA. if not, violation. if what they report doesn't include a dispute notice, violation. if what they report isn't "complete & accurate", violation.