re-aging

gitrdun

I read online that you can have accounts re-aged to appear as if you were never late, etc. My husband has 3 accounts that we have paid. They show paid, but still show the late payments on the accounts. Would I be able to have these accounts re-aged?

I had to enter a debt consolidation program in 12/02 in order to obtain my current job. I had terrible credit due to divorce, and being single with 3 kids trying to make ends meet. Eventually, I drowned in debt and screwed my credit.

I married again, my husband had perfect credit. However, when I entered the debt consolidation program, I thought it would be great to add him, (although his credit was in good standing) in hopes that we could reduce our monthly payments and pay off all of our cards, being I hadn't been working for a few months and we were starting to get behind......

Little did I know that it would COMPLETELY RUIN his perfect credit. :(

So, here I am today, trying to undo what I ruined for him. We added his Discover account and paid the debt consolidation diligintly, only to find out that they were putting 30 days late for every payment we made for 2 years! We paid Discover off, for less that the amount owed and it shows paid in full, however the lates are still showing up....

Any ideas on how to get them off?

Thanks everyone for everyones help

I read online that you can have accounts re-aged to appear as if you were never late, etc. My husband has 3 accounts that we have paid. They show paid, but still show the late payments on the accounts. Would I be able to have these accounts re-aged?

I had to enter a debt consolidation program in 12/02 in order to obtain my current job. I had terrible credit due to divorce, and being single with 3 kids trying to make ends meet. Eventually, I drowned in debt and screwed my credit.

I married again, my husband had perfect credit. However, when I entered the debt consolidation program, I thought it would be great to add him, (although his credit was in good standing) in hopes that we could reduce our monthly payments and pay off all of our cards, being I hadn't been working for a few months and we were starting to get behind......

Little did I know that it would COMPLETELY RUIN his perfect credit. :(

So, here I am today, trying to undo what I ruined for him. We added his Discover account and paid the debt consolidation diligintly, only to find out that they were putting 30 days late for every payment we made for 2 years! We paid Discover off, for less that the amount owed and it shows paid in full, however the lates are still showing up....

Any ideas on how to get them off?

Thanks everyone for everyones help

Welcome Welcome welcome! :D :D

Sounds like what you would like done is for the companies to update your accounts to say "paid on time" and remove the late payments. I would start off with a goodwill letter to the big wigs that work for the Original Creditor. YOu can find an example by using the search function and search goodwill letters. You can also try doing goodwill letters at planetfeedback.com This may not work on the first try, nor will it work on ALL of the TL's but it is a place to start.

You can also dispute it with the CRA's but that risks you having the whole TL deleted instead of updated to paid on time. But it is an option.

Debt Consolidation companies aren't the best. I am not a fan. To me, they are a scam. But that has been discussed at length before (again, something to look up with search)

Best of Luck! -Jenn

I'd start as high up on the chain with the OC as possible. Get a letter to the CEO if you can and explain your situation. Look up goodwill letters in the sample letters link above, and attach a copy of that online page you read to your letter.

Thanks for the help guys.

I will look for the goodwill letter, (didn't know there was one) :?

Also, I saw that there was a list of Creditors addresses, etc... didn't look in detail, but does it list the CEO's etc.? If not, how would I go about finding exactly just who to contact?

Thanks again

• 4 months later...

I posted a few months ago asking anyone for help with raging and I recieved help from Miracle.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU, you definitely live up to your name, Miracle! I took your advice and mailed a good faith letter to Discover Card. It took about a month, but I did receive a phone call from the V.P. Office (or whom ever they assigned it to). I was able to give them my sob story, (which was pretty much true, unfortuneately), the woman I spoke to at first told me that nothing probably would be able to be done, but she would check and at the most MAYBE get a couple of the 30 day lates off (we had 19 months of 30 days late).

I was able to deal with that because something was better than nothing. Anyhow, we received a letter a week later stating that the ENTIRE account was re-aged to reflect no late payments........EVER!!!!

What an AMAZING feeling! That was the last thing that I had to fix on my husbands credit...... now its fixed and I would never had known how to do it if it wasn't for this forum and for help from people like Miracle... so, thank you, thank you, thank you. You helped lift a huge weight off of my shoulders.

Audrey