I just got this $99 dollar deposit savings and a $500 dollar credit card offer...is it really that good to start with?......and my credit flat out sucks right now.........but my baddies on my credit reports are all 6 years old

Rising_score, did you already mail in your check? I mailed mine about 2 weeks ago, but my check hasnt been cashed yet. Any one have ideas why it hasnt been cashed?

I mailed my check 1 week ago, and it posted to my bank account today. I will let you know when I receive the card.

I just got this $99 dollar deposit savings and a $500 dollar credit card offer...is it really that good to start with?......and my credit flat out sucks right now.........but my baddies on my credit reports are all 6 years old

I think it's just about the best secured card out there, it's from a prime company and doesn't report secured. Our interest was much better than typical secured card.

thats weird, cuz again i sent my check 2 weeks ago, and they havent even cashed the check....

I would give them a call.....

I think it's just about the best secured card out there, it's from a prime company and doesn't report secured. Our interest was much better than typical secured card.

Does it not report as secured with all 3 CBRs? I think I read on another board that it does report secured will TU, and unsecured with EX.

This is definately one of the best cards for a starter or rebuilder, there is nothing hidden you pay the $99, you keep it current and it graduates.

You had mentioned the reporting of secured or not, you know I just checked my CK and there is no place it references secured, but I just looked at my FICO i pulled and printed a few months back and it does show secured.

Still a great card though.

I received my $99/$500 card today, almost exactly 4 weeks from when I applied for the non-secured card. It still is not on any of my credit reports though.

It will definately be there, the card has done its job for me, I will find out about my graduation this month I will keep you alll posted. :D

I still havent recieved my card. I got a letter last week from BofA saying they needed address verification. So I sent them a utility bill. Hoping I get it soon. The check I sent them has not been cashed, however. I'll keep you posted.

Well...it didnt turned out as planned on the Bofa secured, I had it a year, I called to get the graduation, and although I talked with the approval department several times over the course of the year, just to know as much as I could they said my current collections caused a denial.

I asked the approval department specifically at least twice in the last year based on my payments and my current credit file will I graduate..and they said yes. But when I called on the day they denied me, and I have an unpaid collection I wasnt able to get off my report yet still showing, its at least 2 years old. But my payment history has been perfect for 3-4 years, never late. SO beware. :x

Has anyone "graduated" early? My 1 year anniversary is coming up in May. I am wondering if it would be worth a phone call to them to ask if they will unsecure the card a little early.

I am pretty positive they stick to the one year. It is definately worth the wait though, I know the anxious feeling I was once there. :D

Does anyone have the link where the $99/$500 BofA is explained and to apply for it specifically? Or, do you have to apply for a certain other card, get denied, and then offered this one?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have the link where the $99/$500 BofA is explained and to apply for it specifically? Or, do you have to apply for a certain other card, get denied, and then offered this one?

Thanks in advance.

You have to apply for one of the cards and then they'll offer it to you. Just go to the Bank of America website. I applied for the Visa Gold and that's when they offered me the $99/$500. Good luck!

Thank you! Do they only pull Experian?

I believe they pulled Equifax for me. Not sure I don't know if everyone is different. I'll have to look.

They pulled TU for both of mine (I'm in California). One of mine just unsecured. Yay!