TU and inquiry disputes..??

Ok so you can dispute credit inquiries with equifax and experian, but not with TU is that correct ? I just called them to get some inquiries disputed and they told me that they do not do that. That I must dispute with the creditors....is that correct..?? If so, will a creditor normally agree to erase their dispute or do they even answer to them ???

• 1 month later...

You can dispute "accounts" with tu but not inquries, the don't dispute inquiries because inquiries are considered "statements of facts"; it is a fact that someone pulled your file (even if you do not authorize it). The only way to prevent this is when applying for a loan, tell them to "only check my file ONCE and then let me know what happens" because sometimes they will run it through tons of companies trying to get you approved.

To get inq's removed contact the company that made it and have them send a letter to TU stating that the inquiry was removed. Sure this works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. All depends.

It is possible to get inquiries removed from TU. Just send them a letter CMRRR disputing whichever ones you want to be removed, I have had TU remove inquiries about half of the time, other half I get the statement of fact letter.

Ok so you can dispute credit inquiries with equifax and experian, but not with TU is that correct ? I just called them to get some inquiries disputed and they told me that they do not do that. That I must dispute with the creditors....is that correct..?? If so, will a creditor normally agree to erase their dispute or do they even answer to them ???

Well I guess that's the new thing. I started a thread about Experian doing this to me. And they also tried to discourage me from disputing in writing! What's going on with them??

The FCRA says any information in your file can be disputed. Inq's are information. Not only are they information, but they are key pieces of information that affect your score and lender's decision to offer you money. ANY information can be disputed, the law says so, and the CRA's flat refusal to conduct an investigation is a violation of your rights.

If anyone can show me in the FCRA where it says *accounts* are the only thing that can be disputed, I'd love to see it.

You can use the "statement of facts" BS argument for anything.

"The Bankruptcy we are listing is just a statement of facts, you should check with someone else"

"The late charges are just a statement of facts, you should check with the furnisher"

If only the "statement of facts" argument were valid, then the CRA's would be safe.

They just haven't run into enough people like me. Jackie, stop believing the hype.

The only way to deal with this is to sue the crap out of the CRA's, and in fact that is the best way to deal with them in general. ALWAYS document everything and deal with a dispute with a lawsuit as the natural end result.