Sign in to follow this  
ThePeacock

Got Asset Acceptance off...now it's back w/ GEMB??

I had a Mervyn's account that was being collected by Asset Acceptance.

I got them to remove from all 3 CRA w/ remove please due to IIB letter.

Now it's coming back under GEMB/Mervyn's. Is GEMB a JDB?

Do I have to go through the same rounds with GEMB now?

What a bunch of bull.

Can someone enlighten me on this. When I had my open Mervyn's account it was through Retailers National Bank. At one time they were listed on my CRs. Then it went to Asset Acceptance who I got off all 3 CRAs w/ 2 letters and some patience.

Now they show up under GEMB/Mervyns. Is Retailers National Bank now GEMB? If so, and they are the OC they can legally still show on my CR right?

Thanks

Target Corp. used to own Mervyn's and Marshall Field's. I know for certain that Marshall Field's was serviced by Retailers National Bank as I have a Marshall Field's account. Marshall Field's was sold by Target to The May Company last August 2004. I think Mervyn's was also sold, but I'm not sure about that, and if it was sold I'm not certain it was to The May Company. I do know, however, that Retailers National Bank is now called "Target Bank" (see below):

http://target.com/target_group/legal/privacy_policy.jhtml

This page from the Target website also makes reference to removing references to Mervyn's as of August 2004 (which would lead me to believe that Target did sell Mervyn's).

Here is another site which references GEMB, Target Bank, Retailers National Bank, etc.

https://www.onlinecreditcenter2.com/consumer/mervyns/layout/ESecPrivacy.jsp?clientId=mervyns

So I think what happened is that now GEMB is servicing your Mervyn's account while Target Bank (formerly Retailers National Bank) is servicing the Target accounts.

I have the opposite problem. My 10-year-old, never late, still open, active Marshall Field's account with a good debt-to-credit limit percentage was first reported as "closed" on all three CRAs by Bank of Ohio (services The May Company) after The May Company purchased Marshall Field's from Target in August 2004. Before that it had been reported correctly by Retailers National Bank for more than 10 years. I called Bank of Ohio and asked that they correct their reporting of my account with the CRAs. They said they would and sent me a letter confirming same. The next month (October 2004) I check my CRAs and *poof*, my Marshall Field's account has disappeared from all three CRAs. FICO scores go down by 10-15 points across the three CRAs (because it threw off the balance of my revolving, installment, mortgage, auto lease accounts as well as my debt-to-credit limit percentage). I call the CRAs, they say that Bank of Ohio/Marshall Field's requested that they delete the tradeline. I call Bank of Ohio again. Tell them that my account is still active and I still use it each month (I don't tell them that I am mainly using it for its FICO value). They say yes, they can see that the account is still open and in good standing. That was November 2004. Five letters from Bank of Ohio/Marshall Field's and numerous phone calls to the CRAs later and the TL is still not reporting. I think the problem is that Marshall Field's letters say that they are requesting the CRAs to update the TL (which is now non-existent), when they need to be requesting that the CRAs reinsert the TL. Think I'm going to have to finally elevate my discussions above the CSR supervisory level because they refuse to give me the number to the mysterious "Credit Bureau Department" to which they keep referring. I give the CSR rep my phone number, fax number and e-mail address and ask him or her to forward it on to their Credit Bureau Department so that I can speak with them in person to clear up the confusion. They emphatically promise they will, and I never hear from the Credit Bureau Department. Of course, I then once again get a letter on Marshall Field's letterhead stating that they are advising the CRAs to correctly update the TL. I call the CRAs again and they ask me to forward them all of Marshall Field's letters to me re the missing TL. I decide to overnight the letters to speed up the process. I promptly receive letters from the CRAs saying that they can't use the documentation/evidence I sent (What the...?? So glad I spent all that $$$ on overnight mail!) and they will need to hear directly from Marshall Field's. And round and round and round we go. Unfortunately, there is no law saying an OC must report to the CRAs and so I'm at their mercy. However, I do know that if I were to stop paying on this account that Marshall Field's would reinsert a negative TL in a heartbeat. :roll: