Sign in to follow this  
changochulo

Equifax wont let me dispute online.

Everytime I try to start on online investigation with Equifax, I type in my report #, last name, street number, and last 4 of social, then it says "Starting your investigation" then gives me an error saying :

"Sorry, we are unable to start an online investigation request for you at this time. You may contact us to initiate another investigation request by using the telephone number or address listed on your Equifax Credit Report"

Does anyone know why?

Equifax has never let me do an online investigation.

I have the same problem. I wish I could tell you why, but I am clueless. All the information I enter is accurate, including my report info.

Maybe they're on to us :wink:

I have e-mailed most of my disputes to them online with excellent luck... they dont delete them all, but they have never "accidently" lost my dispute, either. I believe there is a link for that on the main dispute page somewhere.

Wish I could have helped you more!

Good luck.

I had the same problem..... try rechecking your profile (names/addresses etc) I was getting the same error message because I was putting my current street number in (which my current address of 3yrs is not on my EQ credit report) so I had to go back and find out which of my previous address EQ has listed and then use one of them..... Hope this helps!!!