CreditSuperstar

% offerd when PFD to CA

Way too many variables to give you an accurate answer...who's the CA?, have you paid others?, do they smell money?, do they have any reason to think you might be in a hurry?

I've read that 20% of the current balance is a good starting point, but expect to get a "we're not allowed to delete" response...

Have you gone through the complete DV process with them?

Hey Cope,

Hope all is well and thx for the response.

OC is Providian and they have already deleted the TL. They say they believe the debt is mine, but are going against their policy and are deleting it. I have a letter from them and it's already off all 3 reports.

Asset Acceptance is the CA. My point is, if the OC deleted it, the CA should certainly be able to do so. Especially in light of the violations I have them on.

Do they smell money? Hmmm...I don't know how to determine that. But I haven't applied for a mortgage yet so I don't think so.

FCS

Still surviving, thanks for asking...

Hmmm...if the OC deleted then that almost certainly means they can't provide validation (they don't do things out of the kindness of their heart).

So...if you haven't already, DV Asset...if you have, send them an ITS. Depending on how kindly you feel towards them, you might include reference to the letter from the OC and tell them the OC agrees this isn't yours so they better get off your CRs within 15 days or you'll see them in court. If you're not feeling kindly, then let them hang themselves and then take them for a couple grand...

Bottom line, there just isn't a good reason to pay them if you don't have to. Yes, if you PFD you'll clear your credit, but I gotta beleive these jerks keep lists of easy marks and it will come back to haunt you.

Still surviving, thanks for asking...

Hmmm...if the OC deleted then that almost certainly means they can't provide validation (they don't do things out of the kindness of their heart).

So...if you haven't already, DV Asset...if you have, send them an ITS. Depending on how kindly you feel towards them, you might include reference to the letter from the OC and tell them the OC agrees this isn't yours so they better get off your CRs within 15 days or you'll see them in court. If you're not feeling kindly, then let them hang themselves and then take them for a couple grand...

Bottom line, there just isn't a good reason to pay them if you don't have to. Yes, if you PFD you'll clear your credit, but I gotta beleive these jerks keep lists of easy marks and it will come back to haunt you.

Cope-

Thx. I have DV'd Asset. No response. Providian copied Asset on the deletion letter I received. In fact, Providian states they believe it is mine but are deleting it anyway. they didn't give a reason. They just said they were going against company policy by doing so.

For me, if I can just have this removed for 400$ I'd do it. My scores would be well into the 700's then, and that's where I need to be.

Should I call them and try to cut a deal? Or should I just hang in there and sue their asses? I guess I am wondering if the fact that I have them on violations would more than likely make them settle.....

:)

Well, if it were me, I'd send them an ITS saying something along the lines of "Providian has removed their entry from my reports. I thereby assume that this is not my debt. If you do not also remove your tradelines and cease all further collection efforts, I'll be forced to pursue my legal options. You have 15 business days to comply".

And if they don't, sue...like I said, if you give them money, it will come back to haunt you...

Cope & others,

Do you people think it serves ANY purpose at all to call them? Does the basic meathead that handles my call have the authority to delete the tl anyway? I don't think so, but I'd like to resolve this. I already know your answers...lol

Also, please read and respond to the thread I am bumping regarding factoring accounts. It is directly related to Asset. Thanks again.

FCS

Yep...you know the answer. NEVER talk with a CA on the phone unless you're recording and have a thick skin. Their goal is to get money...lying is a means to that end. Get it in writing or on tape, so you can use it against them in court