CSC is a pain in the &$$

Ok, I disputed with CSC for 2 negs on 11 April. After recieving no response from them I sent a follow-up letter on 18 May demanding they delete the 2 negs for failure to investigate IAW the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC section 1681i.

They sent me a letter today stating:

Your request concerning your credit file has been received and we look forward to assisting you. To protect the confidentiality of your file, please forward to us the items listed below. This information is needed to process your request. Please send a photo copy of the following:

Social Security Card

Driver's License

Utility bill or Lease Agreement

::thunderously:::evil:

Along with my follow-up letter I did provide them with a copy of my DL and my Military ID. I see no reason to send them anymore then what they have. I filed a complaint a few minutes ago with the FTC. What can I do?

The responsibility to validate a debt is on THEM and not you. You've already done more than enough. Giving them copies of your ID is more than you need to do. They know who you are already if they're trying to collect. Make them do the work -- send them a 2nd validation letter and don't provide them with any more info.

I wish CSC was not the company that owned our credit reports. After my husband disputed some items on his, we got a letter back on the results of the investigation. Now, a few items were marked that they were deleted from his CR. I went to get our free annual credit reports today, and one of them is still there. The letter is dated May 19th, which was what, 12 days ago. I figured it would be off by now :(

The responsibility to validate a debt is on THEM and not you. You've already done more than enough. Giving them copies of your ID is more than you need to do. They know who you are already if they're trying to collect. Make them do the work -- send them a 2nd validation letter and don't provide them with any more info.

CSC is Equifax in Texas (& maybe elsewhere), they are not a CA needing o provide you with validation. did they respond to your initial dispute at all ?

The letter is dated May 19th, which was what, 12 days ago. I figured it would be off by now :(

it should be off before/when they send the letter, call them and make them delete it. EQ tried to do that to one of my TL's. it took multiple phone calls (all in the same day, just trying to get someone competent on the line), and a sternly worded fax, but the TL got deleted the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just contact their legal lady. Send her a semi-nice but stern letter telling them exactly what happened, what statutes they broke, and that you want it FIXED. She usually gets the job done.

There's no reason to give them another 30 days. They will ignore that too.

Here's her info.

Donna Dimarco

652 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.

Suite 400

Houston, TX 77060

• 9 months later...
Just contact their legal lady. Send her a semi-nice but stern letter telling them exactly what happened, what statutes they broke, and that you want it FIXED. She usually gets the job done.

There's no reason to give them another 30 days. They will ignore that too.

Here's her info.

Donna Dimarco

652 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.

Suite 400

Houston, TX 77060

CM is right. I called Donna because of the same situation and within two days she sent me a letter informing me that a Ch. 7 BK and a CO was deleted for non-investigation! :D

CM is right. I called Donna because of the same situation and within two days she sent me a letter informing me that a Ch. 7 BK and a CO was deleted for non-investigation! :D

You stated you called her. What number did you call? I am not in need of her assistance, but I figured others might need to know. And you never know when I might need it.

You stated you called her. What number did you call? I am not in need of her assistance, but I figured others might need to know. And you never know when I might need it.

I do not have it anymore, this was over a year ago when I had the problem with CSC, but CM is the person who gave me the number as well as the address.

CM, do you still have the number....I may need it again too! :lol:

I went back through my old paperwork and found her letter to me. The only number on there is (281)878-4970. I hope this helps!

I went back through my old paperwork and found her letter to me. The only number on there is (281)878-4970. I hope this helps!

This number is not valid any more. I got someones personal voicemail/cell phone. I tried emailing her. The format for emailing someone at csc is (first initial)(last name). So I shot one to ddimarco@csc.com . Well it turns out that was for Dennis Dimarco who has nothing to do with that side of the business. He forwarded my email onto disputes or something. No help there. I did reply to him and said my email was intended for Donna Dimarco. He states she is no longer with the company. But who knows.

On a positive note, I got my problem fixed today by calling 800.753.1312. This was pretty much a loop recording, hard to get to a live person. I finally got through by going into their dial by name directory. And I had no name. So I pressed 1 and then pound and kept pressing buttons until finally it said if you want to talk to an operator dial 0. I finally got someone live.

I then asked to speak with their legal department. She asked if this was about my personal credit report. I almost said yes! Don't do that, they are trained to send you somewhere else or not take your call. I said no this is about an intent to sue letter I sent. She said one moment. I was sent to another person. This was consumer affairs. She asked if she could assist me. I told her I wanted to speak to legal department. She asked why and I told her same thing. She put me on hold. When she returned she stated that legal department would only speak to the lawyer representing you. Now that I am thinking back, I could have said I filed pro se, I guess then they would have. Who knows. I asked if she was an escalated department who might be able to assist me with this matter. She said she could.

So I then proceeded to explain my situation to her. This was regarding a 60 day late in 2003 on a FORD account that was closed in 2002. So I started by just telling her that this account was closed in 2002 (not even mentioning any derogs yet). She looks up information and she says that is correct. We are showing this was closed around 11-2002. And so I then told her, then how is it that I have a 60 day late as of 12-2003? She looked that up and she says good question. Well after a few minutes of reviewing she deleted it. I was very careful and confirmed that this trade line remains and now there are no negative marks. She said that is correct. She double checked a few things and made sure everything was done correctly. She was certain to "close it out" so it would show accurate as of today. We said our pleasant parting words and hung up.

Now I am a happy camper! Of course I pulled TC early this AM at 2:45 so I cannot pull again till early Sat morning. I work at 8a, so I will pull it early around 7a to verify. But it looks like I got what I was after!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to attempt to contact legal myself because of non-investigation. I received my dispute results from EQ yesterday. I was successful with a couple of deleted negs however the primary item is was concerned about was not addressed. They made no mention of the account that I disputed and it continues to show as a neg TL.

I even double checked my original letter to ensure I didn't make a mistake and I did specifically address this account.

• 4 weeks later...

I searched on CSC and came up with this thread as closest to my question. I received the same letter from CSC that the person who started this thread received. They are asking me to send them SS# (it was on the DV letter), DL, Utility bill or lease agreement, major credit cards and the account numbers, day and evening phone numbers, shoe size, etc. Why on earth would they need all this info for DV?? They should be getting all this info from the CA to prove they are trying to collect from the right person!

Their letter is dated May 24th. My DV letter was dated May 1st. I have less than a week to get to 30 days. Is this a way to buy them time? Should I bother responding?? Will NOT responding cause me more trouble? My loan officer is on stand-by to do a rapid rescore so I can close on my house in a couple of weeks.

I believe that I have read that Texas law requires deletion if the creditor does not respond within 30 days. Can anyone confirm this?

• 2 months later...

I called that 800 number listed in this thread and just started punching numbers and got a ..... wait for it......

AN ACTUAL PERSON on the line!!!

I got a collection deleted off of my report just by talking to the person and asking a few "I am a dummy" questions. TA DAH!!!! GONE!! :boxing: YESSS!!!

• 3 weeks later...