Sign in to follow this  
changochulo

Called Asset Acceptance

Today I called Asset and spoke to a Denise. She was actually curteous, and did not raise her voice once. I asked if I could get my account removed if I paid in full. She said no way. I was on the phone for about 20 minutes trying to pursue her to PFD and she wouldnt budge. I finally told her I will sit on the accoutn for another 2 years until it came off on its own, and she said "Fine" and hung up.....:(( Im stumped on t his one. Ive tried everything to get this off my reports. Any ideas?

That response sounds kind of inept to me given an offer to pay in full when there is a greater chance they'll never collect a dime. (Or, maybe the employee, Denise is a ding bat!) I believe Asset's agenda is to ruin people's credit as opposed making money on collections. It's kind of like going to a car dealer and making a profitable offer only to be told pay retail or get lost! Go figure.

So Denise is the resident credit expert there, huh?

Remember too that the CRA's are threatening cancellation of services if subscribers change information. The CRA's are nothing more than corporate bitches if you think about it...

Or it could be that she either didn't have the power to make a change or is making minimum wage and just waiting for her shift to end. I know I would MUCH rather have someone pay me in full and have to do a bit of paperwork to get it.

Do you guys think that if i send a Pay for Delete letter, they will agree? Maybe they are reluctant to agree to a pay for delete letter over the phone because they are being recorded. Who knows.

I have not gone through the DV process. I was thinking if a PFD was possible, that would be faster. However, now that they refused, can I still send them a DV letter?