Sign in to follow this  
breathing_easier

Experian Disputes via Phone?

I may be imagining things, but didn't there used to be a phone number to call EX to dispute items?? I actually like to dispute online, but for this account (a closed, positive auto lease TL) I'm disputing it as a duplicate (which it is -- but it's only duplicated on EX and with minimal info on it -- just want it off the report). There is no "duplicate entry" selection on the EX online dispute form. Anyone have a phone number for EX for disputes? Did a search of the site and didn't find one. Called EX Customer Service and was told that there is no phone number for disputes. :?:

Heeyyyyyy!!! I just noticed that I became a "Credit Expert!" :IThankYou: Uh oh, does this mean that now I'm expected to actually know stuff???

Thanks much, changochulo. Wonderful to know, eh, that Experian Customer Service is telling people that there is no number to call to dispute over the phone! :roll:

When you call and get the automated system, you have to say to it "Can I talk to an agent?" or "May I speak to a live person?" Then it asks if you are sure because most disputes can be handled through the automated system. That is the only way I have been able to get a live person.