Jump to content

Need help for judgement filed against me


Recommended Posts

I live in virginia and recently learned of a judgement that was filed against me in 2000 for non-payment of rent. Now I did leave with what i thought was a month left on my contract. I contacted them this year and they said that i owe them around $3500. They said that I left at the beginning of a new lease so they are charging me for the whole year. They said I automatically rolled over into a new lease, but i still thought u had to sign some paper work which i never did and i don't recall that being in the original contract.

Since then they have sold my debt to a new company. Do I have any recourse in trying to get this vacated or am i simply screwed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.