Sign in to follow this  
Bjoeboo

DV the City of San Diego for tickets???

Thank You Doc.

I suppose now I wait until the city validates these disputed TLs again, then I go to naca.net & start asking local lawyers if they're interested in setting precendents, kicking a$$, taking names, & doing their piece to clean up city hall. Do you really think I'd have better luck the nice way:

DocDon: You may even want to start by contacting the City Manager on this (in writing, of course) and carbon copy the Mayor and members of Council

You're obviously more versed in all this than I am, its just that in my experience if you want something you better be ready to fight for it. Nobody (not at this level) just hands you the cheese, shrugs their shoulders and apologizes.

If not a consumer lawyer since this is not FCRA, than which type of lawyer would be best for this?

Why would a lawyer want this? Whats their motivation?

Does the city pay fines for violating their own ordinance/FICO?

How much? As far as I'm concerned counsel can keep it.

I just want this crap off my CRs.

You're obviously more versed in all this than I am, its just that in my experience if you want something you better be ready to fight for it. Nobody (not at this level) just hands you the cheese, shrugs their shoulders and apologizes.

Not at all more versed. Council meetings are open to the public, and there's a portion in the meetings to invite citizens to address council and management directly...

If not a consumer lawyer since this is not FCRA, than which type of lawyer would be best for this?

Why would a lawyer want this? Whats their motivation?

Does the city pay fines for violating their own ordinance/FICO?

How much? As far as I'm concerned counsel can keep it.

I just want this crap off my CRs.

That's a good question. My guess would be Civil Liberties / Constitutional Rights attorneys given the punishment far outweighs the crime.

You'd be surprised what motivates attorneys. With some it's money, others fame, and others the feeling that the justice system worked the way it should. You have to shop for the right one.

The city is 'owned' by the people, so you'd be suing yourself. That's a nice 'screw you' introduced from the beginning to keep people from righting wrong.

BUT, this doesn't have to be a financial victory - Class Action suits are primarily to stop an illegal action - not to seek monetary restitution.

Hey, you can always contact your local news stations - every city has a "news hawk" who is always looking for scoops like this to expose...

Just sent these guys another email and I got a reply asking for my contact info. A lady called today and she can only find 1 of the 4 tickets, she is looking for the others and will call me back after investigating, she seems nice and I hope she will help me out. If she does, I will let you know ASAP.

I just found out that the city of SD never sent the tickets and notices to MY address, just the address of my co-signer. The lady told me if I can prove that I didn't live there they will remove it and I honestly didn't live there!

Now how to PROVE I didn't live there?

Make them prove you did. They have access to that information in all those fancy computers of theirs that are never wrong....

I am trying to figure out what to tell her, she sent me this email.

I have reviewed all the accounts that you stated are on your credit report. I cannot have them deleted from your credit report due to there not being any documentation on the accounts that they were returned undelivered.

The only other way I can review them further is for you to provide documentation that you did not live at the address we mailed our notices to. I have listed the address and dates of notices below for your review.

Thank you.

So do I simple tell her I never lived at that address? I hope that works. I might be able to dig up mail and check stubs from my actual address.

You said they can only find 1 of 4 alleged tickets. Then you said they didn't send the tickets to the correct address.

This is what I've been talking about - she said "we cannot delete unless, blah blah blah". Where did she get that from? Does that sound familiar at all?

If they're reporting 4 tickets, they'd better produce 4 tickets. THEY - not you. This is what I meant by them not being versed in FCRA further that what's spewed to them by the CRA's. They have to show the information they are reporting is accurate. That does not mean you have to take time out of your schedule to prove it is not.

If it were me, I'd be setting up an appointment with the City Manager, and getting ready to speak in front of City Council (which is usually televised).

If it were me, I'd be setting up an appointment with the City Manager, and getting ready to speak in front of City Council (which is usually televised).

Whoa!

You are right it really is that serious, I would rather them just take it off my dang report! I live on the other side of the country.

You said they can only find 1 of 4 alleged tickets.

They found the other 3 but I am assuming under my co-signer's name.

Then you said they didn't send the tickets to the correct address.

Yep, they sent them to my co-signer.

So, I will email her telling her I never lived at that address, therefore they must be removed.

If she gives me any other answer, then I will deal with the CIty manager. I cannot fly over there just to clear up these dumb tickets, if I do they will really need to pay me.

I know this would be giving in to them but I did find my admission letter from the university and interim drivers license that proves I did not live at the address they sent 3 of the 4 tickets to. That leaves one ticket and I can fight that one all the way.

I got the 3 off. :)

But it was actually their mistake, so there may not be much hope, because they don't play. But I am about to begin my fight with the City Manager, how exciting.

Hey Lisa...

Keep me informed of your struggle. I just recently sent letters to the mayor, the city manager and the secretary of San Diego to get a ticket from 2002 removed from my credit report due to the fact a person shouldn't be punished for seven years after a ticket is issued. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I sent one to the City Manager with the same reasoning, I have not received an email back and it has been about a week and a half. I have my fingers crossed.

Okay, lets keep each other up to date, so if I get a response i will let you know regardless of what it is and please do the same.

If you've not yet received a response, you need to keep on them by writing a formal letter, carbon-copying the City Manager, City Attorney, Mayor, and Members of City Council....

I did all that... sent a letter along with a copy of the San Diego Municipal Code that does not state a person's credit will be ruined for 7 years after the ticket is paid. Sent them out on Christmas Eve and they were signed for the following week. If I don't hear back from anyone, I will send another letter in a month.

Thanks for the advice :D

A bit off topic ---

the local TV station reported that the city will start using CA's to collect unpaid fees, fines, parking tickets, etc.

The TV news story led with "City's ultimate weapon on unpaid tickets: Ruining your credit" .. and proceeded to show a letter the City sent to someone saying they will "Damage your personal credit by sending this to a licensed collection agency to collect fees and fines"...

The person the letter was sent to thought it was another empty threat by the city, and he was wrong! Now he has a CA on his CR's for the next 7 years.

CA's doing the jobs of the courts and court clerks ... what's next? bail bondsmen and bounty hunters doing the job of police?

Sorry guys taking my thread back.

Anyways upon 2nd dispute with bureaus, (the EQ lady was really pissy too she asked for reason for re-dispute. I told her expunged) Anyways the city only validated with EQ, and they changed status of all 4 parking ticket TLs to "current" a neutral mark I believe that does not affect my score. Whoppee! Done with this one.