DV? : Sherman Acquisition switched to LVNV Funding. Re-Valid

goodtimetribe

i am under the understanding that it is the same company and right before they switched names, i received a letter from sherman/alegis stating that they were going to remove all negative info from my crs. they have since removed it from 2, waiting for the 3rd one, but now i have lvnv, in the place of the two that were removed, what would you suggest I do with this company?

doc, what do you suppose i do now? should i first send a letter to the cras with a copy of sherman/alegis letter? i was going to do that a couple of weeks ago, but when i checked my crs they fell off, so i was just going to wait for the third one to come off also.

Yeah, I'm kind of unclear too. I was going to send them a copy of what I'd sent to Sherman and re-request Debt Validation and then give them another 30 days, if still no response give them another 30 days, and if still no response then I'd probably try with court. I saw the post about is "one attempt" good enough and it makes me think it might take several DV attempts with the CA.

i think the overall concensus on this board is to try it 2 times after that then send an its, but only if your willing to go through with it. i think some people threathen suit and they dont take them seriously until it really happens. i could be wrong. i just want to make all the baddies go away, really hope it never has to come to going to court for me. 8)

Ahem. The FCRA as amended now contains specific lanuage that makes it illegal for any company to use any technological or corporate restructuring means to evade their responsibilities under the FCRA. So if Sherman agreed to remove, LVNV is bound by that.