Sign in to follow this  
triton3k

What are my chances?

I was looking at a vehicle to purchase for $11,750 for sale by a private owner. My credit scores range from 569-589. I wanna know what are my chances of being able to get a bank loan from my financial institution (washington Mutual) to purchase this vehicle. What are some things I can do to get either a secured or non-secured loan through a bank that im banking with? I know the likely hood of getting approved are slim but I wanna know what are some things I can try to do to be able to get that loan.

any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the same boat, I'm looking to get financing for a 1994-1997 model car, but would like to purchase from a private party and not a dealer. I'm getting tons of offers for new cars from dealers, but that's not what I want. Almost every "bankruptcy" friendly lender will only finance through their "network of dealers". If you find a lender that will lend for vehicles purchased from private sellers, let me know!

I'm in the same boat, I'm looking to get financing for a 1994-1997 model car, but would like to purchase from a private party and not a dealer. I'm getting tons of offers for new cars from dealers, but that's not what I want. Almost every "bankruptcy" friendly lender will only finance through their "network of dealers". If you find a lender that will lend for vehicles purchased from private sellers, let me know!

Looks like your in a better situation than me. I cant even get anyone to consider me for a loan. I've gotten turned down about 3 times already. Where are you located and what companies have you gone through for an auto loan?

With scores below 600 it is unlikely you could get a loan through a reputable source with a decent interest rate. Maybe if you open a savings account at a Credit Union and save up a decent down payment when your scores come up a bit they may be willing to finance it. Trying through the banks with those scores is just wasting inquiries. Good luck.

Nevermore, you are exactly correct. We are less than a month post BK7 and we got approved through my wifes credit union for $10k on a 1995 model car, but they require a 30% down payment :-(

I've looked at www.roadloans.com, eloan.com, etc. Just do a search for bankruptcy + auto loan and you will find companies that will find a car within "their network". I found a place here in Georgia that will finance you no matter what, provided you pay $750.00 down and they charge you 28% interest :-(

thanks for that info Nevermore.

Hey Todd. Hows your wife credit compared to yours?

I'll definately check out that site and see if I can find anything.

thanks for that info Nevermore.

Hey Todd. Hows your wife credit compared to yours?

I'll definately check out that site and see if I can find anything.

Well, it's about the sam, we applied jointly and filed BK7 together. When they pulled all 3 CR's, our average score was 542 :-( We got approved for a 1995 model Lexus, 13.5% interest for 48 or 54 months, it's our choice. But again, with $3,000 down.

Apply for a loan through eloan, they will forward your loan to other lenders. They first fowarded us to www.roadloans.com and then Roadloans forwareded us to www.straight-away.com that does private party loans.

I talked to straight-away.com and they approved us for up to $15,000 for 48 months with a 16% interest rate. I could buy from a private owner even out of state, just has to be a 2000 or newer car with fewer than 70k miles.

Hope that helps man!!!!!