Sign in to follow this  
Heironymous

could I get an auto loan??

I need a car, I had to sell mine not too long ago. I didn't think there was any way I could get a car loan but I figured I would ask you guys first. Here is my info according to PrivacyGuard:

Your Age:32

How long have your been on file with the CRA’s? 10years, 8 months.

Credit Scores:

Equifax? 539

Experian? 542

TransUnion? 547

Your Credit:

Rate your OVER ALL credit from 1-10 (10=BEST)According to Privacy Guard it is very poor.

Rate your installment Credit from 1-10:pretty low, maybe 2 or 3

Rate your revolving Credit from 1-10:same, very low?!

Public Records?

If yes, please describe:none

Auto Loans:

Do you have an open auto loan?no, I had one years ago that was paid off.

How many auto loans are presently open?none

Are you trading in your open auto loan?n/a

Are there late pays on your CURRENT auto loan?n/a

Credit Cards:

Total number of revolving accounts: Privacy Guard says 13-17(closed),5 open.

Percent utilization overall:I currently only have my bank card which can be used as a credit card and a paypal card,the rest of my cards were charged off.

Your Info:

Total Provable MONTHLY GROSS income:2400

Provable via computerized paystubs or what method:paystubs or phone verification.

Your Downpayment in CASH:1000-1500, I could swing 2k if I saved for a bit.

New or Used Vehicle:used

Please describe desired vehicle:either 98-99 Dodge Neon or 91-96 Toyota MR2. Both are in the 5k-10k range. If I could get approved for it I would get a new 2003-5 Dodge Neon SRT(15-20k).

I was unemployed last year for about 6-7 months which caused me to be unable to pay all my credit cards. So, I have 7-10(depending on cra) delinquent accounts. I also have a lot of inquiries due to the collection activity. I also have just under 19k in student loans. Doesnt look good for me...

I had a car loan years ago(1994), I had a co-signer but it reports as "paid off satisfactorily" from the credit union I got the loan through. It was for 60 months. The high credit was 13.9k. The payments were 274 a month. It reports on all three CRA's.

Equifax/Experian/Transunion

Acct Type: Installment Auto Loan Installment account

Acct Status: Closed Closed Closed

Monthly Payment: $274 $0 $274

Date Open: Oct, 1994 Oct, 1994 Oct, 1994

Balance: $0 $0 $0

Terms: N/A 60 Months 60 Months

High Balance: $13,961 N/A $13,961

Limit: N/A N/A N/A

Past Due: $0 $0 $0

Remarks: PAID ACCOUNT / ZERO BALANCE N/A N/A

Payment Status: Pays account as agreed Paid satisfactorily Paid or paying as agreed

I also had a jetski repoed yet it shows as paid.

Acct Type: Installment Recreational Merchandise Installment account

Acct Status: Closed Closed Closed

Monthly Payment: $114 $0 $114

Date Open: Aug, 1995 Aug, 1995 Aug, 1995

Balance: $0 $0 $0

Terms: N/A 48 Months 48 Months

High Balance: $4,486 N/A $4,486

Limit: N/A N/A N/A

Past Due: $0 $0 $0

Remarks: PAID ACCOUNT / ZERO BALANCE N/A N/A

Payment Status: Pays account as agreed Paid satisfactorily Unrated or bankruptcy

------------

Also I should add and this is probably a deal breaker- I recently moved and started a new job, so I have only been living at my present address about 6 months and worked at this new job about 3. Its a good job but I just haven't been here long. I could afford a good size payment but getting a loan is another story.

with 1500 down it should be no problem getting a car, it might not be the best car in town but it will get you around with no worries.

Yeah I am just stuck because the cars I actually want are less than 10k but are older- 98-99 Neon, or 90's MR2's. I cant get a loan on those. I could probably get a loan for a newer Neon....I guess I should try a dealership and see what they can do.

hi! I have had good experiences with Household Auto Finance. I have had 2 loans through them. I am on that loan by myself. My husband and I also have a loan through Ford Motor Credit and they are great. I think they will finance used cars too if you go through a Ford dealer. In the past we have had Fireside and Triad, they were ok but killed us in interest at 19.99%. yikes! My scores are in the lower 600s and my husband's are in the upper 500s.

From my experience, you will need to get a newer car than what you are wanting, but with your down payment, you should have no problems.

www.straight-away.com does loans for private sellers, dealers, and non-franchise dealers. One month post BK7, they approved us for up to 15k, with an interest rate of 16% for up to 72 months term.

We had to purchase a 2000 or newer car with less than 70k miles.

I searched around and this was the only place that would finance a private party car or non-franchise dealer car....hope this helps.