Another question for Ch. 13 help! Confused

pebbles

We are thinking about filing Ch. 13 VS Ch.7 since we have a paid up vehicle worth about 15K and cannot afford to give it up, so we would have to buy it back. Can anyone give me a ball park figure as to what I would have to pay monthly to the court and how long? Yearly income 40K myself and wife filing in Fla. This is for Ch. 13 payback. LadyNRed your posts are extreamly helpful, Thanks

Without seeing your entire financial picture, there's really no way any of us could estimate Ch 13 plan payments. There's also no way to know what a Trustee would disallow in your expenses, thereby increasing your disposable income.

The plan payments are based on your disposable income over a 36-60 month period. Secured debts must be paid at 100%, unsecured gets the left-overs. Also add in the court, administrative and lawyer fees - those get paid FIRST in every plan, even before secured creditors.