Any suggestions?

morningstarlady

I DV'ed an account that was sold to and reported to CRA in Dec. 2004 by CA. Received letter from them saying they needed to know the nature of my dispute before they could provide me with any validation (the information I requested for validation was very specific). I received that letter in February 2005. Then about 3 weeks later I received a summons in the mail, they had filed on me. We went to court in April. Just for the sake of getting it off my report, I attempted to negotiate a settlement for deletion. They didn't bite. So I asked for evidence showing that I was in fact legally responsible for the debt, signature on contract. Couldn't produce it, I asked for dismissal. Judge gave them 30 days to produce signature they didn't and they are still reporting it as of June 25, 2005. Any suggestions?

NO!!! Because they did not produce a signed contract showing it was my account and because the court staff says I did not fax in a copy of my DL per judge's order basically said he didn't have enough information to rule, he made some bogus type finding, but did not dismiss it out right. I don't have the last order in front of me, but I know for a fact it was not dismissed as I called to verify with the court once I received the order.

First thing I'd do is go back to the clerk of courts and file a MTD. I'm assuming that, like every court I've ever filed anything with, the clerk requires your DL as identification when you file. In fact, they usually place a photocopy of it in the file. If they didn't make them do it when you file the MTD.

Judge then has your DL...but not what he told them to provide. He has no reason not to dismiss. Once you have that dismissal slam them for filing suit while in the validation process.