Sign in to follow this  
lumburg

Just got off the phone with Esperian

The lady I spoke with just told me the following:

They are only required to reinvestigate a TL every 90 days, not 30

They do not investigate Previous Addresses or Inqueries, I must contact those parties and have them send proof to Esp

Aren't these two violations of the FACT?

Thanks

I know that they do investigate addresses and inquiries, b/c they have done so for me in the recent past. But I usually send a letter cmrrr.

You can dispute ANY information which they have maintained under your name and other identifying information. Tell the idiot at Experian to tell you what part of the FCRA says that addresses and inquiries are exempt.

It's your legal right to dispute ANYTHING. Now, if you repeatedly send in disputes on the same trade - well, then it's their right to determine it's frivolous. To avoid this, you need to provide a different reason for your dispute.

Admin,

Hello, I have a question about this. I think I have disputed just about everything under the sun on the negatives that I have left on my Experian report. Each time I send them a letter challenging something they reply that they have allready verified the information with the creditor. In a case like this how do I proceede with trying to get my negatives off of my report?

Should I just give it a rest for a few month's and then start it up again? Now the other two are just fine and I am working on those. It is Experian that is the thorn in my side. Out of all the bureaus Experian has got to be the worst of them.

Thanks

Yesterday, I asked the guy for the method of verification - he told me that he didn't have to provide me with that info... Equifax deleted the item, Experian said "verified, remains"

I don't get it at all - the guy was no help to me, I told him the TL far exceeded the SOL in my state, he told me "take it up with the OC - we only report the information they give us"

Im still new to this but im 95% sure they do have to provide you with their method of verification. If they do not they are in violation of the law

They do need to provide you with method of verification. When they do, I'd call the number they gave you (the OC) and start dealing with the OC on this. "What proof do you have?", etc. If they have nothing, start getting tough with the OC. I'd also call the CRA and tell them the OC has nothing - how come you said the debt was verified? They can be in mighty big trouble for not doing a thorough enough verification.

Well, I'm about to try and dispute a collection showing on Experian and TransUnion - an old repo that is beyond SOL for reporting....but I tried to dispute online w/ Experian already, just the dates....came back verified. Then I found a 2002 TransUnion Credit Report that shows the original account w/ OC on it w/ dates the account closed and went to Collections. This proves that it's out of SOL for reporting.

If I mail this stuff to Experian, and they come back 'Verified' for some reason, saying "we just put in what the OC sends us"....well, the OC is not even showing up on my reports anymore, including Experian's - only the CA account is showing on Experian and TransUnion, but the CA Tradeline references the OC account.

If they tell me to take it up 'w/ the OC' would I then have no choice but to communicate with the CA and send them a DV letter? I have not done that yet or anything

But I can't get a 'real' person w/ Experian either. So difficult.

Lumburg (or anyone), who is the person you spoke w/ at Experian?

I can't seem to get anyone. I've tried several numbers. I have a June report from Experian too...

Here is the number I used: 800-509-8495, you have to dispute something in their stupid automated system - some else posted they kept pushing zero til a person came on but I didn't try that. They finally transferred me to this helpless guy who told me he didn't have to provide the method of verification.

When I called back and pushed them, they said it was done by computer - I asked them what code they used, the guy today said the system doesn't tell them. They could be sending anything to the OC for all I know.

I am Fed Exing a letter to the OC today - we'll see what happens. Mine is so far beyond the SOL it's not even funny. Experian keeps re-aging it - I looked at my report from January and the DOLA was something like 5/1996, now it's 10/1999, go figure.

I'm beginning to call these folks alot. Not that it does any good. As soon as the lame automated system takes me to the first category of junk on my report I yell "representative" into the phone. Then I get put on hold to talk to the even more lame XhairX