Is this inquiry anything to be concerned about?

I guess I overlooked this before. I just pulled my Experian CR and clicked on "print." When you click on "print," you get a few more details. I noticed this soft inquiry from Courtquest on behalf of Worldzen. Well, I paid off Worldzen back in 2003, so I have no idea why they would have permissible purpose to look at my report in 2004. To the best of my knowledge, I have no other collections out there. Is this anything to be concerned about?

COURTQUEST INC

Address:

1840 N GREENVILLE AVE ST

RICHARDSON TX 75081

Date of Request:

12/14/2004

Comments:

On behalf of WORLDZEN COLLECTIONS AND for Identification Append - Permissible Purpose

Is Worldzen a phone company? Phone/cell companies have a bad habit of not thinking you've paid them in full when you have.

Since this is a soft inquiry (viewable only by you) and was pulled seven months ago, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thank you for the advice. I think Worldzen is a jdb. I paid them off in 2003 for an old credit card account. There is no trace of them or the OC for that account on any of my credit reports. To the best of my knowledge, I have no outstanding debts that could come out of the woodwork. I can't imagine that I have anything else that is outstanding.

Like you said, I'm not too worried about it, but I am curious why they pulled my report a year after I paid them.

Just curious...did you pay them in full?

I've heard that JDBs that essentially operate on the fringes of the law sometimes "revisit" their past suckers to see if there's any evidence that says they might be able to con more money out of them. This might happen if you paid less than the full amount, or neglected to get the settlement in writing, or neglected to cover all the "thou shalt not resell or assign this debt" bases. They might have been comtemplating passing this on to another JDB

Just curious...did you pay them in full?

I've heard that JDBs that essentially operate on the fringes of the law sometimes "revisit" their past suckers to see if there's any evidence that says they might be able to con more money out of them. This might happen if you paid less than the full amount, or neglected to get the settlement in writing, or neglected to cover all the "thou shalt not resell or assign this debt" bases. They might have been comtemplating passing this on to another JDB

OK, that would be a good explanation. At the time, I was not a well informed consumer and I just paid them off. I can remember when I paid them, they called me back the next week, and I said, "I just paid you, why are you calling me again?" The guy on the phone just said, "Oh, ok", and hung up. I believe I did pay them the full amount, but I cannot be positive. Since I found this site and began repairing my credit, I dug up my old records. I called my bank and got copies of the statement that shows I paid them. If they dare to peak at any of my reports again, I will definately do something about it!!! This should all be past SOL anyway.

I was doing a little research on CI.com regarding this topic and found some interesting posts:

Spivie25

Tuesday 03/08/05 5:31 PM

I appriciate everyone's feed back. We run credit reports all the time also. But i was just worried on the laws of running them for our client on accounts that haven't even been placed with us for collections. Every credit reporting agency i've talked to said i could lose my access if we where caught doing this.

Sky Warner

Thursday 05/26/05 3:03 PM

If you do not have the account then you very well may get popped for NON PP of a credit report.

I have successfully settled 4 cases for NON PP of my credit report in instances such as this and one of a CA trying to locate my ex husband so they decided I should have my reports pulled as well.

My attorney handles a lot of these cases and he agrees with me.

You must either A- have the account for collection in your office or B- own the account. Pulling a CR under your name.. for someone else... BAD NEWS

Just my two pennies...

-------------------------

10,500 in settlements... more to come.

Warning to Worldzen: Pull my report one more time, and I will contact my attorney!!!!!!

I haven't looked at that CI.com place you mentioned - yet. But I will say that if companies are freaked about pulling a file on someone who didn't give permission, they probably don't have anything to worry about, at least in my experience. Unless things have changed radically in the past few years.

The reason: I was stalked by an ex-boyfriend through my credit files, because he had a small business and was a business subscriber. I was able to get his multiple inquiries removed, but the CRAs did NOT care that he was doing this because they thrive off their business sales department. They told me in no uncertain terms that there was no way to block him from pulling my file because he's a business subscriber. So, he still has access to my address info if he wants to do another inquiry.

This happened to me back in 2001, before the big identity theft hysteria, so I probably could have gotten him on identity theft or something but the CRAs were pretty clueless about it back then and so was I.