How to dispute TU lack of investigation

lisa1

Sorry for the repost ...

I disputed online with TU 6/12/05 several items. 50% deleted and 50% verified, no change. Got results in mail dated 7/2/05.

one item = Paid Co was verified, no change :x

on the included updated report. Item states: DATE VERIFIED: 08/2003 :shock:

Now if my math is correct that 2 years ago... So how could they investigated. What should I do to have this removed immediately? What are the violations? :evil:

Online isn't so good...

You must call them and be nice... They will help you...

Read the first messagein this post here...

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24558

That's a good post by DiveMedic, but the thread ends in unanswered questions. Also, what do you do about old (but not past SOL) accounts once you start working with your credit files in the beginning? I thought that validation is only worth pursuing in the first 30 days after dunning.

Radio_Guy, I assume you are speaking of the FTC. I have made a complaint with them over the phone. They told me they don't even contact the place you are complaining about. But if you mean speak to the CRAs by phone, yes, I agree, that works very well - with Experian and Equifax.

No I am not speaking about online FTC investigations, I am talking about Online CRA investigations.

Over the phone worked very well for me ... (I got 8 out of 12 deletes within the first 30 days, then two more upon a second request,) all by telephone...

I agree; I was really surprised at how professional, friendly, and patient that Experian and Equifax are when I've called them. They must be trying to wean people away from paperwork! Of course when I tried to call TransUnion I got ICS (India Customer Service) and the guy started babbling at me. ICS likes to argue with me, but they are at a considerable disadvantage since they don't have good command of the language.

Yeah I got India Customer service at TU also,

but I played the

OH whatever will I do (lions and tigers and bears.-Oh my?) card

and got everything delted without any 30 day investigation on my second call.

I think you got lucky. When I tried to talk to TU's ICS, the guy wouldn't listen to me and started spouting off about reasons why I couldn't dispute inquiries. I finally told him I could not understand him, thank you anyway, and goodbye.

I will try again next week after they get my name change docs in the mail. It will be interesting to see what TU does with those. Experian wouldn't accept them, and Equifax asked me to fax them. (!)

P.S. I love your ribbon. My husband was a Marine in Vietnam, and proudly rides in the Marines Motorcycle Club.

• 2 weeks later...