Citifinancial

daradati

Hi, 1st time on board. New to credit repair.

Received a letter about 20 days ago from Citifinancial that "computer tapes containing personal account and payment history information about your home equity loan were lost by a third party courier while in their possession".

I am attempting to refinance my house and the company offering the loan called me and said they had tried many times to get verification of the account from Citifinancial. Each time Citifinancial said a fax would be sent to them but nothing has.

Has anyone ever disputed a situation like this or does anyone think I have a chance of getting this off my credit record if they indeed have no record of the account? I have not made a payment on the account in over a year.

Thank you for all thoughts.

My fiance and I previously had a loan through Citifinancial which was paid off last year. We both received the same letter regarding the lost information. We previously received another small loan from them and had to go through the entire verification procedure again. When I asked the loan officer about this he replied that (as we knew) they had lost some records. When I inquired as to whether or not they had backups he would not answer the question. I think you would have an excellent chance with a dispute with Citifinancial right now. I do think they have backup records, but these are likely in tape backup form, and certainly not accessible to whichever wage-monkey will be attempting to validate.